iMayberry Community

I just finished watching 'Bringing Up Opie'.  I've noticed this before, and maybe someone has posted it already, but when Andy is putting Opie to bed, and telling him to come straight home from school, and not stop at the courthouse, Andy's hair is parted on the right side.  It doesn't look natural, because it isn't.  They show him close up twice in that scene, both times with his hair parted on the right, but when he's leaving the room, it looks normal again.   Reverse filming somehow?  Can't explain it, just noticed it.

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Iv’e never noticed that particular thing that is filmed oposite, but I noticed in Earnest T. Bass Joins the Army Earnest T. runs around a corner in town.  You can see it is filmed in oposite because the words ‘ Snack Bar’ are backwards like in a mirror image. I wonder why they do that? 

I don't know why or how that happens, Franklin, but I sure am enjoying the discoveries all of you are making.  I'm going to check out Ernest T. and see that backwards sign.  Thanks, fellow Mayberryan!

Great job pointing that out, Franklin!  He runs around that corner so fast, I never looked at the window.

Maybe they did that to create an illusion of having more street corners that they really have. That way there’s less sets to build. I’m gonna try to keep an eye out for backwards things from now on. 

You guys are "trained noticers"  

Appreciate that compliment, Shorty.  I've read some of your posts.  You do a pretty good job yourself.

When you watch a tv show for almost 60 years, from day one, the same 159 episodes, and never get tired of them, some of these oddities become obvious.  You just keep enjoying and loving the people of Mayberry.

Wonder if the image was reversed?  In the "What Episode Did You Watch", Keevy posted an image with Ollie on the left. But everywhere else, I see Ollie on the right. See below. 

I've watched that episode as many times as the rest of the B & Ws, and I've never seen Ollie on Andy's right side, which would be Andy's left.  Every time, Andy was on the left side of the screen, and Ollie on the right.  I'd be interested to know where that reversed photo came from.

Mayor, I flipped that image on purpose just to see if anyone would notice. Good eye!

And I mistyped in my critique of the photos.  I should have said I've never seen Ollie on Andy's right side, which would be OUR left.  Ollie was on Andy's left, which would be the top photo shown here. 

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"[Otis' 24 hours are up] Barney: "Well we aughta' make im' blow up a balloon or…"
17 minutes ago
Dr. Pendyke replied to Phil Sunkel's discussion Multiple Personalities
"Ruta Lee played a reporter digging up dirt on Andy in Andy On Trial and a Hollywood starlet in The…"
10 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Wow, that's some mighty fine noticing'! "
16 hours ago
Valorie McLain replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"In the reunion movie, "Return to Mayberry", they kind of forgot about Opie's…"
16 hours ago
"Have you ever noticed Aunt Bea's friend Clara has 3 different names? Clara…"
16 hours ago
"On the 1st episode, Andy's front porch has a wall that comes out about where the kitchen is.…"
16 hours ago
"When Ellie comes to town and they start filming in Walker's Drug Store, the big sign overhead…"
17 hours ago
Valorie McLain replied to Thelscuz's discussion Money, Honey
"Opie's Charity. He only gives a piddlin' amount like 3 cents to the under-privileged…"
17 hours ago

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service