Now in the episode Barney Gets His Man , at 13:40 in the episode you see a visual of the State Police's  Police Car and The Mayberry Police Car. And they look almost exactly the same except for the writing on the car like "State Police or Mayberry Police". Am I right that they are almost a replica of each other or exactly the same??

Tags: Andy, Cars, Griffith, Police, Show

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That would be fairly normal, even today, because states often get 'deals' with a car maker to purchase all their police cars from that maker.  That would mean that many police agencies from that state would end up having patrol cars that were very similar.

+1 what Floyd said. 

These are likely 'Fleet' specials and / or 'Pursuit Vehicles", meaning souped up motors and tighter suspensions for the police market, be they state, county or municipal.  They are otherwise stripped down of most creature comforts, but usually have higher out put alternators for generating electricity for the power hungry radios and such.  As such they all were all basically the same shape, model and color to keep costs down.  The motors were likely heavy duty (four bolt mains) big block V-8's with huge carburetors and / or super chargers... or turbos.  This, in most cases made the pursuit vehicles faster than the civilian cars.  DesiLu probably had several pursuit vehicles in their fleet for TAGS and other shows. 

Another DesiLu offering, Sheriff of Cochise County/U.S. Marshal (1957-1960) made nearly exclusive use of Desotos.  Desoto may have been a sponsor.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Ray Randall replied to Michael Z's discussion Contrasting Roles of the same Actor/Actress
"Earnest T and George the TV repair guy."
50 minutes ago
Michael Z posted a discussion

Contrasting Roles of the same Actor/Actress

Lets compare contrasting roles played by the same actor or actress. I will start:Big Maud the Clever Convict = Elenora Poultice the Cultural Czar of MayberrySee More
11 hours ago
George's TV Repair replied to Dud's discussion New Game - Spot Tom
"I haven't seen Q in years, but when I do, I'll thank him. (Seriously, I knew a great guy who went by "Q".  Your response reminded me of him and struck me funny!  Thanks for the memory and laugh.)"
15 hours ago
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Thelscuz's discussion Kinfolks in Mayberry
"Mrs. Sprague is Howard's mother. "
15 hours ago
Jane Hinckley replied to Thelscuz's discussion Kinfolks in Mayberry
"Gomer and Goober are cousins. Andy and Barney are cousins. Bea is Opie's great-aunt. Should Andy and Barney marry their sweethearts, Helen and and Thelma Lou will be cousins by marriage."
21 hours ago
Rare Nickle replied to Dud's discussion New Game - Spot Tom
"Thank Q"
21 hours ago
Larry Mealer replied to Thelscuz's discussion Kinfolks in Mayberry
"Floyd is Warren's uncle or Warren is Floyd's nephew ."
yesterday
Larry Mealer replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Mrs. Mendelbright..........said that to Barney. Who said .............get rid of the wino."
yesterday
Fleet Freddy updated their profile
yesterday
Fleet Freddy replied to Thelscuz's discussion Weirder Than Weird
"That's the time. You can't beat Barney when it comes to American History, as long as you spot him the first hundred words or so. This wasn't that weird, but there was an episode on TVLand tonight that I haven't seen in a while.…"
yesterday
Michael Z replied to Thelscuz's discussion Weirder Than Weird
"And Barney also could recited the Preamble to the Constitution: "We the people of the United States in order to form a more perfect Yoon. . . .Yun"."
yesterday
Thelscuz replied to Thelscuz's discussion Weirder Than Weird
"And what was the proclamation about?  EMANCIPATION!  That's what it was about..."
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service