Now in the episode Barney Gets His Man , at 13:40 in the episode you see a visual of the State Police's  Police Car and The Mayberry Police Car. And they look almost exactly the same except for the writing on the car like "State Police or Mayberry Police". Am I right that they are almost a replica of each other or exactly the same??

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That would be fairly normal, even today, because states often get 'deals' with a car maker to purchase all their police cars from that maker.  That would mean that many police agencies from that state would end up having patrol cars that were very similar.

+1 what Floyd said. 

These are likely 'Fleet' specials and / or 'Pursuit Vehicles", meaning souped up motors and tighter suspensions for the police market, be they state, county or municipal.  They are otherwise stripped down of most creature comforts, but usually have higher out put alternators for generating electricity for the power hungry radios and such.  As such they all were all basically the same shape, model and color to keep costs down.  The motors were likely heavy duty (four bolt mains) big block V-8's with huge carburetors and / or super chargers... or turbos.  This, in most cases made the pursuit vehicles faster than the civilian cars.  DesiLu probably had several pursuit vehicles in their fleet for TAGS and other shows. 

Another DesiLu offering, Sheriff of Cochise County/U.S. Marshal (1957-1960) made nearly exclusive use of Desotos.  Desoto may have been a sponsor.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

One Selfish Giraffe replied to One Selfish Giraffe's discussion Sheriff WITH a gun
"well, when we get to some sort of conclusion on this topic, I can total up by both. I have a…"
9 hours ago
One Selfish Giraffe replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"Well, there's always...raise your kid right and trust him to be honest and do the right thing.…"
10 hours ago
Briscoe Darling replied to Luther Heggs's discussion what was it about Warren that didn't work?
"I liked Warren just fine.  I never got the impression that he was trying to fill Barney's…"
16 hours ago
Mayor Pike and Jerry Eads are now friends
Friday
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"CBarney and Andy eating all those pickles so Miss Edwards would win her ribbon fair and…"
Thursday
George's TV Repair replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"Just tell 'em "the boy broke a window and wants to stand on his own two feet"."
Thursday
robbie turnbull replied to Luther Heggs's discussion what was it about Warren that didn't work?
"Deputy Warren Ferguson was so stupid in all the episodes he was in i didn't even watch…"
Thursday
Mayor Pike replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"Like many others, I appreciate the simplicity, modesty, and overall decency portrayed."
Thursday
robbie turnbull updated their profile
Wednesday
Larry Grainger replied to Mayor Pike's discussion What is your Andy Griffith Show tradition?
"I have all 8 seasons on DVD so our tradition is each night we lay in bed and watch an episode…"
Wednesday
Thelscuz posted a discussion

Lessons Learned

TAGS so often taught us a lesson--even if it was only how NOT to behave.  But almost every episode…See More
Wednesday
Thelscuz replied to Mayor Pike's discussion What is your Andy Griffith Show tradition?
"Those are delightful traditions, Mayor, and there are so many more of them than we have.  Our…"
Wednesday

© 2016   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service