Now in the episode Barney Gets His Man , at 13:40 in the episode you see a visual of the State Police's  Police Car and The Mayberry Police Car. And they look almost exactly the same except for the writing on the car like "State Police or Mayberry Police". Am I right that they are almost a replica of each other or exactly the same??

Tags: Andy, Cars, Griffith, Police, Show

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That would be fairly normal, even today, because states often get 'deals' with a car maker to purchase all their police cars from that maker.  That would mean that many police agencies from that state would end up having patrol cars that were very similar.

+1 what Floyd said. 

These are likely 'Fleet' specials and / or 'Pursuit Vehicles", meaning souped up motors and tighter suspensions for the police market, be they state, county or municipal.  They are otherwise stripped down of most creature comforts, but usually have higher out put alternators for generating electricity for the power hungry radios and such.  As such they all were all basically the same shape, model and color to keep costs down.  The motors were likely heavy duty (four bolt mains) big block V-8's with huge carburetors and / or super chargers... or turbos.  This, in most cases made the pursuit vehicles faster than the civilian cars.  DesiLu probably had several pursuit vehicles in their fleet for TAGS and other shows. 

Another DesiLu offering, Sheriff of Cochise County/U.S. Marshal (1957-1960) made nearly exclusive use of Desotos.  Desoto may have been a sponsor.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Dave Cline replied to Thelscuz's discussion If You Could Read Their Minds...
"I'm glad he like TV dinners because I'm not cooking that leg-of-lamb for him ever!"
17 hours ago
Michael Z replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Also, Howard was a "devil may care" kind of guy. Who said "Boy they sure are biting…"
21 hours ago
Thelscuz replied to Thelscuz's discussion If You Could Read Their Minds...
"Old Lady Crump's thinking:  "Changed my mind.  I'm gonna RUN WITH you,…"
23 hours ago
Susan Plesha replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Ah, that was our boy, Howard when Opie remarked that he did a lot of stamping.  When you think…"
yesterday
Keevy Hazelton replied to Thelscuz's discussion If You Could Read Their Minds...
""I was almost to third! You 2 beat EVERTHANG!!""
yesterday
Dr. Pendyke replied to Thelscuz's discussion If You Could Read Their Minds...
"3) When I get promoted to the R to Z fingerprint files, well ole Barn just might pop the question."
yesterday
"Hope they don't notice that kerosine and cucumber smell. Could mess up the whole deal."
yesterday
"1) C'mon fellas, I was just going to get to second base for the first time."
yesterday
Rare Nickle replied to Thelscuz's discussion If You Could Read Their Minds...
"Whats ole lady Crump thinking? "
yesterday
Dave Cline replied to Thelscuz's discussion If You Could Read Their Minds...
"Barney: I wonder if she will let me come see her in prison?"
yesterday
Susan Plesha replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Yes, it was Thel and it gave us our only chance to see Thelma Lou's kitchen!"
yesterday
Thelscuz replied to Thelscuz's discussion If You Could Read Their Minds...
"Barney:  I wonder if that's blond right out of a bottle."
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service