iMayberry Community

Let's start listing all the "Barney-isms".

These might be unique words that Barney invented to describe something, or perhaps a mini-lecture lecture he gave to Opie or some prisoners. Or perhaps it was a theory he shared. Barney knew a lot about a lot of things, thanks in part to his Learn a Month subscription.

I marvel at his use of the word "electronal" as he describes electronal marvels!

Views: 399

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Barneys theory about Ernest T. Bass:

"The man's hostilities is engrained, its carved in the deepest recesses of his subconscience id, his behavior patterns are a permanent fixture of his behavior, now when you've got patterns that are engrained then any conflicting conflicts that you might inflict, well they can cause a traumatic......trauma"

Barney to Big Maude--illustrating his healthy ego and a definite sense of optimism:  "Let me take you to the land of rhythm and pleasure."

" If you ride with your mouth open in the wind and put your tongue against the roof of your mouth, its impossible to pronounce a word that begins with the letter 's'. "

That's what you call a compelsion.  Lot of folks have 'em...some folks have to "warsh" their hands all the time..That's a hand-warshing" compelsion.

For folks with that kinda compelsion complex, it's "therapetic"!

That there " Smith Brothers Instatution" up par in Washington.

Barney talkiong to Andy:  Maybe he's one of them "cleptomineracs."

Once that iron door slams shut there will be no more peanut butter sandwiches.

Barney on hats:

Always keep your hat on in caves.  Bats might lay eggs in your hair and you'll go crazy.

A hat on the bed means a death in the family.

Don't wear Barney's hat.  He doesn't like that.  His mother was the same way.

I remember that about his mother!

Ya know....she had a clock in her stomach.

"Boy, giraffes are selfish. Always running around, looking out for number one."

If moth's get in your hair they lay these moth eggs. You can go crazy from that.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Volunteer Fire Company is now OPEN!!!!!
"Hey Darrell! Thanks for your reply and suggestions. Much appreciated. I think once my book is…"
23 hours ago
Darrell Francis replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Volunteer Fire Company is now OPEN!!!!!
"I think one thing would be to post the map of Mayberry and the Mayberry county map. One thing would…"
yesterday
Shorty Cox replied to Jillian's discussion How many bullets did Barney have?
"Bullet four: Barney shot the squad car tire after chasing the farmers out of Mayberry that were…"
Wednesday
Mayor Pike replied to Jillian's discussion How many bullets did Barney have?
"Three bullets: Barney shot a hole in his pants at the end of "If I had a Quarter Million"."
Wednesday
Michael replied to Thelscuz's discussion The Worst Ever--Or Anyway In the Bottom Five
"I agree with this.  I loved Warren.  He's no Don Knotts, of course, but his episodes…"
Monday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Here's a new one. Shown below is Johnny Cash in his new car that "didn't cost him a…"
Dec 6
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Wedding Bells For Aunt Bee"
Dec 6
Randy Higgins updated their profile
Dec 6
Randy Higgins joined Allan "Floyd" Newsome's group
Thumbnail

Mayberry Squad Car Owners

Owners of replicas of Mayberry Squad Cars now have a place to gather and share their cars with each…See More
Dec 6
Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Fire Department
Dec 6
Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Fire Department
Dec 6
Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Town Seal
Dec 6

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service