iMayberry Community

Barney had theories on many things, thanks in part to all of his Learn-a-Month readings. Also he was an avaracious reader of the childish classics. Interrogation methods, science, law, fighting fire, dogs & lighting, you name it!

Let's start listing them here!

Views: 643

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Barn speculated that hobo Dave Browne might be the member of some mob....maybe even Mr. Big himself!!!

I believe Browne, with an "e", was the head of a sandwich theft ring.

Barney had a theory that speakers might be louder if you use bigger wires

This theory is possibly true. As a retired audio engineer we always used a heavier gauge wire (12- 14 AWG) for longer speaker runs as opposed to a 18 or 20 gauge. This creates less resistance and not make the amps work as hard. But this has always been argued about for years.

Barn thought we oughtta respect the wishes of the dear-departed. There are some things beyond the ken of mortal man that shouldn't be tampered with. We don't know everything. There's plenty going on right now in the twilight zone that we don't know anything about and  we ought to stay clear.

Barney could see a person's innermost thoughts with his ink blot tests. A person seeing butterflies saw happy things, but Otis saw a bat. 

Looks like a bat to me. 

Barney believed that a slender, high strung person,  needed a sugar pick me up in the afternoon.  I've taken those words of wisdom as  my own.

I like to see a bat once in a while

anxiety magnifies fearsome objects

Ayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

You got Andy!

You gotta admit though that was a brave thing Barney did.   Heck, he didn't know that was Andy.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

George's TV Repair and Jerry Eads are now friends
7 hours ago
Thelscuz replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I always wonder why Barney and Thelma Lou didn't stay in touch (or marry before his move to…"
18 hours ago
Dud replied to Mayor Pike's discussion My Eyes Were Opened!
"Opie's eyes were opened when he took that sling shot and killed that mother bird.  Barney…"
21 hours ago
Luther Heggs replied to Mayor Pike's discussion My Eyes Were Opened!
"in  Bailey's Bad Boy, Bill Bixby's eyes are opened to learning to stand on your own…"
yesterday
Gary Craig left a comment for ColHarV
"I will do that Colonel !!!"
yesterday
Gary Craig replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"It's a shame that networks cut out scenes of the show for commercial space. Since I have…"
yesterday
Gary Craig replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I always wondered why the opening theme of the show was 2 steps higher than the closing theme."
yesterday
Gary Craig posted a status
"Thanks for letting me join the family! I never knew about this website before."
yesterday
Profile IconGary Craig, Matthew Young and michael eslick joined iMayberry Community
yesterday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Just watching an Alfred Hitchcock with John Masters (the choir director-Olan Soule). I'm…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Just saw Mayor Stoner (That's S-T-O-N-E-R) in a Hitchcock episode. Also in the same episode…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I wonder why it is that no one in Mayberry is married except for Otis and he was drunk half the…"
yesterday

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service