iMayberry Community

Barney had theories on many things, thanks in part to all of his Learn-a-Month readings. Also he was an avaracious reader of the childish classics. Interrogation methods, science, law, fighting fire, dogs & lighting, you name it!

Let's start listing them here!

Views: 645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Barney was certain he could get the bank robber of a quarter of a million to come to him by throwing around some money, planting some rumors of "deuces wild" poker games with Floyd, and looking like "ready money". Also knowing the "FBI handshake" would be helpful. 

Give em 35 they'll take 40, you give em 40, they'll take 45, you give em 45, they'll take 50....

Especially true for Gilly Walker. All he does is speed, speed, speed! 

A way to revolutionize the whole world of modern education was a way to remember things, like dates for instance.  1776. Number 1 was easy since its the first number in the alphabet, then just remember- lucky 7, then remember it again because you just did, then, just take away 1 from seven.

This method helped him remember what the Emancipation Proclamation was.

It was a proclamation. 

A proclamation about emancipation. 

Well yeah,  see...  There was these folks and they wanted to get themselves emancipated, so they got themselves a proclamation. And they called it the emancipation proclamation. How else were they supposed to get themselves emancipated without a proclamation?

Ol' Barn thought it was a bad idea for children to have imaginary friends. It would really mess up their petulla omligatas.

Crocheting is very therapetic. (And knitters and crocheters seldom have stomach disorders.)

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Drinkin!"
Sep 11
Eric is now a member of iMayberry Community
Sep 11
Mrs. Mendlebright liked ColHarV's photo
Sep 10
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"Howard learned that giving up the rat race and stress of the county title department, to go…"
Sep 10
Mayor Pike replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"Barney learned not to tell Gomer anything about his relationship with Thelma Lou! The "hip…"
Sep 8
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"Aunt Bee learned a hard lesson about bargain shopping when she forgot to consider things like…"
Sep 8
Thelscuz posted a discussion

Lessons Learned

All of the lessons learned in Mayberry were certainly not learned at Mayberry Union High.  Let's…See More
Sep 8
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"It could be her voice is just more bell-like than we're accustomed to."
Sep 7
UT Pendike replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I have always wondered if Aunt Bea had to use a throat spray after talking in that 2nd octave voice!"
Sep 7
Bernie Fife replied to Luther Heggs's discussion Malcolm Merriweather's Bubble and Squeak
"Since it's sometimes served with pickles, I wonder if Malcolm ever asked Bee if she had any."
Sep 5
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Happy Birthday Thelma Lou !
"I would cherish it, too, Luther.  Thelma Lou was always my favorite Mayberry gal. Love her."
Sep 4
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Luther Heggs's discussion Malcolm Merriweather's Bubble and Squeak
"I am so hungry now.  I love great gobs of comfort food like this.  I also wouldn't…"
Sep 4

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service