iMayberry Community

Barney had theories on many things, thanks in part to all of his Learn-a-Month readings. Also he was an avaracious reader of the childish classics. Interrogation methods, science, law, fighting fire, dogs & lighting, you name it!

Let's start listing them here!

Views: 636

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Barn has Thelma Lou right in his hip pocket. That theory later turned out to be very erroneous. 

All animals shy away from anything touched by a human. You got your spores on it and they won't go near it. As for baby birds it  doesn't kill em, but it stunts their growth a little.  

He read that if you put a willow chip under a dogs head while he is dreaming and then put it under your pillow you'll have the same dream.

That's funny! I guess a person starting to bark in their sleep would verify that theory!

A fire that's started pioneer style is bound to be hotter than fire started with ordinary matches.

And after you eat the pioneer style pheasant bird, listen for the lake loon to guide you back home!

Rubbing the head of a red-headed boy will bring good luck--or at least cancel out bad luck.

You can probe a sleeping person's subconscious in order to gain valuable information. That's how Barn learned from Otis where Rafe Hollister's still was. Well, almost. 

Where's the still!!!

You go through West Virginia to Pennsylvania to Ohio, back through Kentucky and Tennessee to Mayberry, 411 Elm Street.

A theory on the location of a moonshine still was he saw that Otis Campbell looked fine on his way up to Hawks Point but on the way back he was weaving singing and blowing kisses to the world.  The Morrison sisters actually saw the still somewheres  else and with their own eyes too, but Barn didn't wanna go traipsing off on flimsy information like that,

The way to prevent out-of-town prisoners from thinking that the Mayberry Jail is just another two-bit rinky-dink clubhouse is to:

1) Give them just what they get in the bighouse: 1 cot, 1 blanket, 1 cracked mirror, period!

2) Train an extra deputy, Gomer, to post duty as the blockhouse lookout. But that is only after he has been properly instructed on how to find his ticket book, pencil, and whistle on command. 

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Adam D.'s discussion Mayberry Here & There
"I was watching the Season 8 episode where Opie has a rich friend. The friend's father was…"
22 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"I don't think anyone mentioned Ellie, the pharmacy gal."
yesterday
Dr. Pendyke replied to Mrs. Mendlebright's discussion Mayberry Folk on Vacation
"I would imagine it's not easy to find a waiter/flamenco dancer in Italy. "
Saturday
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Mrs. Mendlebright's discussion Mayberry Folk on Vacation
"Yes, but with her nephew and it's too late because Suzanne is already gaga over Troy.  In…"
Saturday
Mayor Pike replied to Mrs. Mendlebright's discussion Mayberry Folk on Vacation
"Is Clara trying to orchestrate a romance in this movie?"
Saturday
Mrs. Mendlebright posted a discussion

Mayberry Folk on Vacation

I'm watching "Rome Adventure," with Suzanne Pleshette  and Troy Donahue running around Italy, and…See More
Saturday
Thelscuz replied to Thelscuz's discussion What Would You Miss Most?
"I'd also miss Andy saying to Barney, when he just can't take anymore, "You beat…"
Friday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Dargood? And, Bee was indignant, as I remember it."
Jun 22
Dave Cline replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"woman"
Jun 21
Dave Cline replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"clank clink"
Jun 21
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Wasn't that Frick and Frack?"