iMayberry Community

Everyday life in Mayberry was pretty fine--think we all agree on that.  But there were times when individual Mayberrians experienced great joy, a feeling of accomplishment, or celebrated a special success.  Let's think about some of those "Best Times."

Barney was mighty proud and happy after he sang into that "special microphone" and everyone realized how gifted he was in the singing department.  "Me-they, me-they...."

Views: 203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what about when aunt bee thought shed forgotten how to play the piano, but found out she still could (with the help of col. Harvey) she was pretty happy then!

An adult dose of 75% alcohol would make anyone happy....

It was A tonic...and Elixir...to purge the body and lift the spirits...

Aunt Bee flying that plane was her high point. For viewers of that episode not so much . . . LOL

After Barney rescued Helen and Andy from the cave, Helen and Thelma Lou were discussing the merits of "their men".  Only "we" knew what merits each were referring too.  The ladies were very proud.

Opie comes back to the courthouse with his cloths all tore and messy and he has a black eye but aint it a bute!?  He gives Andy back his nickel and he gives Barney back a nickel too then he says: " A peanut butter sandwich sure tastes better with milk." 

Floyd experienced a great joy when he found out he won the top prize in Goober's gas station giveaway. Then he discovered it was a mistake. He wasn't too happy after that, though he finally got over it.

Clara Edwards-Johnson winning the best pickle ribbon for the 564th time in a row. Correction--565th time.

Clara: "Nice".

One of my favorite Aunt Bee moments was when she realized Jerry was Robie Miller's little boy from Morgantown West Virginia.

Otis experienced great joy and feelings of accomplishment by polishing off a bottle every weekend.

Gomer obviously experienced great joy after he "adorned" Mary Grace with her "core-soj" and they were cutting a rug.  Both of them were so happy and having a great time.  Each of them seemed to bring out the best in the other:)

Everyone in the  All Souls Church seemed happy when they got their new organ.  Clara was particularly proud about her playing, her singing, and her powers of flirtation.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Larry Grainger replied to Olan Soule's discussion Who's the lady?
"Bruce Bilson, the assistant director for a couple of seasons, said she was also a stand-in for Don…"
Monday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Have not worked one of those nutcrackers in perhaps 30 or 40 years! So I forgot. But I remember as…"
Sunday
Bernie Fife replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"Poor Andy just never understood women. And he seemed resigned to his fate. I believe he told Opie…"
Saturday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I see Two Chairs No Waiting is featuring Jeff Pruitt Takes a Wife. In that episode, as Andy and…"
Saturday
Darrell Francis replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Fire Department
"I did a Yahoo search under images and found a Mayberry chief car which is a Chevy station wagon…"
Saturday
Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Fire Department
"1871 is the date I chose for the creation of the Mayberry Volunteer Fire Company since that is…"
Saturday
"I have Gomer as a member of the Fire Company as the chief mechanic."
Saturday
"Hi Darrell - My project has been taking a little longer than I planned due to other things taking…"
Saturday
Larry Grainger posted a discussion

Mayberry Christmas 2017

For those of you in the Middle Tennessee area or within driving distance; Rodney Dillard, Maggie…See More
Saturday
Jeff Gossett posted a status
"Anybody know who owns a 1963 Mayberry squad car with Tennessee plates FIFE 63 and a re-elect Andy Taylor bumper sticker"
Friday
Jeff Gossett posted a status
"Test"
Friday
Mayor Pike replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I wonder where the other 5300 people of Mayberry were hiding. The population is reported to be…"
Friday

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service