iMayberry Community

Everyday life in Mayberry was pretty fine--think we all agree on that.  But there were times when individual Mayberrians experienced great joy, a feeling of accomplishment, or celebrated a special success.  Let's think about some of those "Best Times."

Barney was mighty proud and happy after he sang into that "special microphone" and everyone realized how gifted he was in the singing department.  "Me-they, me-they...."

Views: 192

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aunt Bee got so excited and happy that she lined her jacket with a red lining when she knew her old "gentleman caller" was coming to visit.  Wonder if she re-lined it in black after the visit was over?

No, she saved it. Just in case she were to go to China Town. It was perfect. 

I never saw Opie so happy as when he found that $50 beside the road.  And that Parnell Rigby was pretty happy when he got his money back.  That was a sad show.  I'm getting misty.... I better excuse myself.  

Another best moment, I think, is when Barney speaks up for Andy when he's on trial after being framed-up by that phony college kid and the big shot who didn't want to pay his fine.  

Howard, when he bowled a perfect game.

Ernest T. when he realized that the lovely Rowmena was his girl.

Gomer was pretty happy when he decided to go into the U.S. Marines.  He was so happy he broke out into song....

"From the halls of Monte zooomer to the shore of Tripoli...."

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Cool. When I was teaching, I used to stop the lines and initiate "trouble checks" when my…"
yesterday
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Thelscuz's discussion What Would You Miss Most?
"We know the court house is the center stage of the show, but I would certainly miss Aunt…"
yesterday
Thelscuz posted a discussion

What Would You Miss Most?

Most of us love everything about TAGS.  But let's focus on what each one of us would miss MOST if…See More
Saturday
LaysOnMyChest replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Thank you kindly.  I'm a school teacher, and I watch TAGS nearly every day during my…"
Thursday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
""It's kind of a clep, clep, clep sound"  Who said that?"
Thursday
Shawna Miller is now a member of iMayberry Community
Thursday
LaysOnMyChest replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I'm a little proud of myself for my first post; I read through all the posts, and I…"
Thursday
Michael replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Helen said that. Lol!!"
Wednesday
Darrell Francis posted a status
"Well I am watching the old Emergency TV series at the moment."
Wednesday
ColHarV liked ColHarV's blog post Getting My Dose of Mayberry
Wednesday
Profile IconTeresa Macopson, Rex West, LaysOnMyChest and 2 more joined iMayberry Community
Wednesday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Adam D.'s discussion Mayberry Here & There
"I saw Suzan Oliver; Prisoner of Love,  on Star Trek.  She was a green dancing girl."
Wednesday

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service