iMayberry Community

Everyday life in Mayberry was pretty fine--think we all agree on that.  But there were times when individual Mayberrians experienced great joy, a feeling of accomplishment, or celebrated a special success.  Let's think about some of those "Best Times."

Barney was mighty proud and happy after he sang into that "special microphone" and everyone realized how gifted he was in the singing department.  "Me-they, me-they...."

Views: 200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aunt Bee got so excited and happy that she lined her jacket with a red lining when she knew her old "gentleman caller" was coming to visit.  Wonder if she re-lined it in black after the visit was over?

No, she saved it. Just in case she were to go to China Town. It was perfect. 

I never saw Opie so happy as when he found that $50 beside the road.  And that Parnell Rigby was pretty happy when he got his money back.  That was a sad show.  I'm getting misty.... I better excuse myself.  

Another best moment, I think, is when Barney speaks up for Andy when he's on trial after being framed-up by that phony college kid and the big shot who didn't want to pay his fine.  

Howard, when he bowled a perfect game.

Ernest T. when he realized that the lovely Rowmena was his girl.

Gomer was pretty happy when he decided to go into the U.S. Marines.  He was so happy he broke out into song....

"From the halls of Monte zooomer to the shore of Tripoli...."

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

George's TV Repair replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"Well, we know for a fact that Count Istvan Teleky was responsible for ONE of these!"
5 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I wonder how Helen managed to get reassigned to the next grade higher at the school, each and every…"
7 hours ago
Dud replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"Check my post above Thelscuz. The folks in Mayberry were real, real careful about hitchin' to…"
21 hours ago
George's TV Repair and Jerry Eads are now friends
yesterday
Thelscuz replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I always wonder why Barney and Thelma Lou didn't stay in touch (or marry before his move to…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Mayor Pike's discussion My Eyes Were Opened!
"Opie's eyes were opened when he took that sling shot and killed that mother bird.  Barney…"
yesterday
Luther Heggs replied to Mayor Pike's discussion My Eyes Were Opened!
"in  Bailey's Bad Boy, Bill Bixby's eyes are opened to learning to stand on your own…"
yesterday
Gary Craig left a comment for ColHarV
"I will do that Colonel !!!"
Friday
Gary Craig replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"It's a shame that networks cut out scenes of the show for commercial space. Since I have…"
Friday
Gary Craig replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I always wondered why the opening theme of the show was 2 steps higher than the closing theme."
Friday
Gary Craig posted a status
"Thanks for letting me join the family! I never knew about this website before."
Friday
Profile IconGary Craig, Matthew Young and michael eslick joined iMayberry Community
Friday

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service