iMayberry Community

Just living in Mayberry seems like it would have been fun.  But its citizens had many leisure-time activities, hobbies, and various pursuits they turned to for fun.  Let's name the person and what he or she did for fun:

Goober loved to read comic books.  He apparently developed this passion early on. When Barney was trying to clear up the old case (A Punch In The Nose), they found out that Goober, as a little boy, was reading a comic book at the time of the punch in the nose.  He didn't witness anything!

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The town loafers liked to loaf around town (and, pick at Barney).

Checker games on the porch of the Mayberry Hotel. Just don't throw any checkers!

All the men liked to go down to Wally's for a bottle of pop.

Nectarine Crush was the best!

The lady bank tellers liked  to hunt black bear.

There was ice cream at the drug store on Sunday afternoon after the sermon of the day....just don't get in a "rush'. 

I can tell you what Juanita DIDN'T like:  She didn't like to cook supper at her place when she and Barney had a date.  Not sure what they did for fun--other than Barney's imitating a rooster and playing "Juanita" on his French harp.  Apparently Juanita really liked both of his talents.  Guess listening to Barney was what she did for fun!

A whole lot of people in Mayberry enjoyed a good spaghetti dinner, particularly when it was made with oregano.

Right.  Nobody wants brain freeze.

If anyone can figure what Lydia Crossthwaite did for fun, let us know.

She sings at the town festivals. "Flow gently sweet afton among thy green braes"

Some of you might argue this but I think Ernest T.'s favorite past time was heaving rocks through winders.  I say this because he would jump up and down and laugh every time he landed one.  He's a wild one.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Lol....he was!"
1 hour ago
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Was he sober?"
3 hours ago
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"We saw Briscoe in, "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance," last week!  Handsome and…"
3 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I was flipping channels the other day and came across an episode of Tombstone Territory. Lo and…"
14 hours ago
George's TV Repair replied to Dud's discussion New Game - Spot Tom
"Tom even did a little shopping @ Bert's!  (Rare Nickle beat me to it, but I thunk…"
16 hours ago
George's TV Repair replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I watched an old Sterling Hayden movie called "Johnny Guitar" over the weekend.  Ben…"
17 hours ago
Jerry Eads liked Allan "Floyd" Newsome's profile
22 hours ago
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Makes you thank!"
yesterday
"Little old ladies out never to clank."
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Saw an episode on Perry Mason with a shoplifter. And the same lady played the shoplifter in the…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Mayor Pike's discussion My Eyes Were Opened!
"I think everyone has had their eyes opened at one time or another but I don't think…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Just saw our beloved girl Peggy in a Hitchcock episode "Invitation to an Accident" Season…"
yesterday

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service