iMayberry Community

You bet I have one in mind. It's the one where Goober has a car inside the courthouse. GAK !!

Views: 758

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are a few episodes I think we could have done without. S1:E5 "Irresistible Andy" It wasn't really funny and Andy looked foolish. S1:E12 "Stranger in Town". I didn't care much for either. S1:E15 "Those Gossipin' Men" was pretty dumb too. Andy being a man of wisdom was too easily duped.

I guess they all can't be winners. 

Dud, I have great respect for your opinions and posts (and enjoy reading them), but I can't go along with you here. "Irresistible Andy" has one of the great monologues (when Andy "realizes" that Ellie is a "desperate hunter") and "Stranger in Town" to me is a kinda cool reversal of the familiar plot of ....well...a stranger coming into town. In other examples (Ellie's first episode, Gossipin Men, the manicurist, Bailey boy, Man in a Hurry), the new person has to adapt to the town and its quirks (whether consciously or not). But Ed Sawyer already knows everything about everyone (to a creepy extent). Maybe I'm easily impressed but I find that episode clever (not a favorite but still...) 

Don't dump on me, but "Opie the Birdman" is one I could do without.  

"Well, Inkin will tell Blinkin, Blinkin will tell Nod, Nod will tell Barney and Barney will tell you"

Now, that thar's funny, I don't care where yer frum.

"Cousin Virgil" is one I just can't bear to watch.

Also, the last B&W episode - "Banjo Playing Deputy". Lame!

I also can't watch the Virgil show.  The theme was so inconsistent.  

I don't mind Virgil but I think I agree with the Banjo fella. I just don't find that Van Dyke brand of humor appealing, I guess. It's one of the few episodes I will skip. 

I agree, never liked Michael Pollard as an actor.  Seemed kind of creepy to me.  Jerry Van Dyke had his own type of humor, with the need for someone else to finish his sentences.  Same with Jack Burns (?), Andy's deputy later on.  Did you like him? HUH?HUH?HUH?HUH?

I second that regarding Jerry Van Dyke.

Those two episodes are hard to watch. They definitely belong in the Mayberry dump.

Haha. But does that mean we have to go there at night with a lantern and watch them in the dark?

I'd rather find and read that magazine Ole Barn subscribed for from that college kid selling subscriptions. You know there are some great articles by great authors in that magazine.  Just look at the ribbon around the girls ankle.   

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Gary W. Burg replied to Deborah R's discussion Andy's Awkwardness with a Cigarette
"Awkward indeed. Great way to describe it, Deborah. Andy never looked natural or comfortable with a…"
15 hours ago
Gary W. Burg posted a discussion

"Behind The Scenes Facts"

May be something new in this link. Enjoy no matter...…See More
15 hours ago
Dr. Pendyke replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Pike was a befuddled, somewhat confused mayor, but at heart he was a nice guy. Stoner was just a…"
yesterday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"How did such a jerk ever get elected mayor?"
yesterday
Dud replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Town Seal
"The only fire I saw on the series was the time Jubal Foster burned down his own barn makin'…"
Sunday
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"He was pretentious... an interloper. I've never seen such a clear case of pretentious…"
Sunday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Musta been a popular name back then. I like how the writers named people on the show. All unusual…"
Sunday
Bernie Fife replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"He was a joke cracker."
Friday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"It was Bobby Fleet who remarked how if there was a beauty contest in Mayberry, no one would win."
Thursday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Not sure where this belongs but I was watching an early episode of My Three Sons called The Blind…"
Thursday
Dud replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Try here: Youtube Video"
Oct 16
Cornelia Shields is now a member of iMayberry Community
Oct 15

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service