iMayberry Community

You bet I have one in mind. It's the one where Goober has a car inside the courthouse. GAK !!

Views: 615

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sometimes the drawl was a bit much, but I much prefer the first few seasons, with Ellie, the little fat mayor, a healthy Floyd, more folksy music....my happiest memories are back then.  Didn't like it at all when Andy got too prim and proper with his speech, seemed like the slingshot effect.  Anyway, there's room in Mayberry for everyone's feelings.  We love 'em, or we wouldn't be here.

Here is my list of least favorite episodes by season. The “stared” episodes are the episodes from that season that are hard for me to watch.
Season one                              The New Housekeeper
                                                 *Ellie Saves a Female
Season Two                             Opie and the Bully
                                                 The Pickle Story
                                                 *Cousin Virgil
Season three                            *Floyd the Gay Deceiver
                                                  Class Reunion
Season four                              *Opie the Birdman
Season five                               Andy and Helen have their day
                                                 The luck of Newton Monroe
                                                 *Banjo Playing Deputy

Shorty

Note that some of these listed are the favorites of some. There is quite a bit of variety in tags due to the many different writers, the rapidly changing culture, and the general evolution of characters. You could almost classify it as 3 different shows, early Andy, the mid-series b/w era, and the counter-culture done Mayberry style.

I will just say I loved the show, start to finish :)

I learn something new everyday....There are episodes after season five????

Funny - but you might not know it to watch reruns these days. Networks that show the color episodes are as scarce as hen's teeth!

Every now and then, I pull up a color episode on Netflix...but it's not very often. Something about seeing those green walls in the courthouse turns me off. Seems like a whole different world.

TVLand tries showing the color, Fife-less episodes once in a while, but they quickly figure out that only the crickets and a few faithful are watching, and switch back to the B&W episodes.

Being a late bloomer, I discovered MASH4077, the superb series of the '70s and early '80s. I am a little worn around the edges with TAGS.

I'm with you there Ralph. The only color episodes worth watching are the four where ol' Barn comes back to town. 

They were not always easy to watch.  The plots were sometimes “re-dos”, and seeing Goober become a leading town citizen was tough to take.  However, I think there were some good ones other than the Barney ones.  The Fred Simpson episode and “Opie’s Band” were special.  Try to watch them while eating some “cool-looking” potato chips.  :-)

Reminding us all of the Goober episode where he grew a beard and turned philosophical. <burp>

I'm with you Mayor. Indeed, I found some of the picks mentioned "shocking, just shocking" (to quote from Malcolm Merriweather). Even "Banjo Playing Deputy" (which is certainly my least favorite of the black and whites) has some great Floyd moments that I would hate to lose. And both "Opie and the Bully" and "Opie the Birdman" are likely to be in my top ten favorite episodes. Well, de gustibus and all that. 

The episode with a reunion and Thelma Lou is married to another guy. What were the writers thinking? I'm surprised Don Knotts didn't have some say in the script.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Larry Grainger replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"I'll have a pan of fudge waiting..."
4 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"Okay folks, how about we drop my Larry's . . . ."
5 hours ago
Gary W. Burg posted a discussion

Andy and Barney Doing a Commercial

Usually, Barney gets tricked, but this time HE is the trickster.…See More
5 hours ago
"Yes, got it so far, Dud. But but but are we concluding correctly that two networks that carry TAGS…"
7 hours ago
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"That would be a double answer. First Mr. Harmon said it and then, in his typical style, the fat…"
9 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"That was Bob Rogers as Barney’s Replacement.   Who said, “And, get out of those…"
10 hours ago
Larry Grainger replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"This is why I don't watch TAGS on broadcast TV.  Most of the time I watch on my…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"I found out not long ago that networks bid on a batch of episodes, not the entire collection.…"
yesterday
Alan Neiman is now a member of iMayberry Community
yesterday
"I still maintain both networks are NOT showing a slew of TAGS, color 'sodes aside. The baby…"
Sunday
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"Oh, and how about the one where Opie and his friend find a baby, then go around town asking about…"
Sunday
Shorty Cox replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Same Storefront
"Well after the gossip about Myra Kuntz got out, the lingerie shop had to close.  Fred got a…"
Sunday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service