iMayberry Community

You bet I have one in mind. It's the one where Goober has a car inside the courthouse. GAK !!

Views: 615

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Only a few in seasons 1- 5  are on my un favorite list:  Floyd the Gay deciever with Andy as Floyd's son and Aunt Bee as a maid in some guy's house who was away on vacation, come on. Gomer the House guest; all those guys bring their cars to Andy's house to get their shocks checked. Guest in the House,  Pretty boring one.    And after season five its when Barn sees Thel is married.  That always ticked me off.  I hate that one.  The dumbest ep to me is when the Russians have a summit meeting with American diplomats in Andy's kitchen; that pushing it.

But TAGS will always have a special place in my heart so you can pretty much pick a number out of a hat and I'd watch the whole show anyway, unless it was number 44, or  6 7/8.      

You betcha, Franklin. Some were a real s-t-r-e-t-c-h.

Just make sure you don't pick the hat size.

I know some have never watched the color episodes, but one episode I refuse to watch is “A Baby in the House.”  I’ve heard enough babies cry with doing it on purpose. 

Oh, and how about the one where Opie and his friend find a baby, then go around town asking about babies? Everyone interprets this as them asking about the birds and the bees. There are a bunch of color episodes we could do without. There are only a few that I can watch.

I still maintain both networks are NOT showing a slew of TAGS, color 'sodes aside. The baby ones mentioned are two I have not seen in eons. Lately we are "treated" to it seems about two dozen over and over. And I ran a TAGS site like this one here a few years ago, and TVLand was abbreviating what it showed just like it is doing now. Just that it extends what used to be half an hour to 36 minutes so it can stuff more commercials down our eyes and ears. And even back then TVLand messed with the credits, in fact tossed them. MeTV runs the credits which I feel is the correct way. 

TVLand needs its bud nipped.

I found out not long ago that networks bid on a batch of episodes, not the entire collection. That's why they show the same episodes over and over and don't show others. They only have the rights to air certain eps.

This is why I don't watch TAGS on broadcast TV.  Most of the time I watch on my DVD's, or occasionally on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video.  I lose no content, watch no commercials, and have all 249 episodes at my disposal.  

Okay folks, how about we drop my Larry's . . . .

I'll have a pan of fudge waiting...

Yes, got it so far, Dud. But but but are we concluding correctly that two networks that carry TAGS bid on and won (received) the same episodes? I am keeping track, and TVLand and MeTV both play the same shows. Is there another network out there I am unaware of? 

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Larry Grainger replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"I'll have a pan of fudge waiting..."
4 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"Okay folks, how about we drop my Larry's . . . ."
5 hours ago
Gary W. Burg posted a discussion

Andy and Barney Doing a Commercial

Usually, Barney gets tricked, but this time HE is the trickster.…See More
5 hours ago
"Yes, got it so far, Dud. But but but are we concluding correctly that two networks that carry TAGS…"
7 hours ago
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"That would be a double answer. First Mr. Harmon said it and then, in his typical style, the fat…"
10 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"That was Bob Rogers as Barney’s Replacement.   Who said, “And, get out of those…"
10 hours ago
Larry Grainger replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"This is why I don't watch TAGS on broadcast TV.  Most of the time I watch on my…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"I found out not long ago that networks bid on a batch of episodes, not the entire collection.…"
yesterday
Alan Neiman is now a member of iMayberry Community
yesterday
"I still maintain both networks are NOT showing a slew of TAGS, color 'sodes aside. The baby…"
Sunday
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"Oh, and how about the one where Opie and his friend find a baby, then go around town asking about…"
Sunday
Shorty Cox replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Same Storefront
"Well after the gossip about Myra Kuntz got out, the lingerie shop had to close.  Fred got a…"
Sunday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service