iMayberry Community

You bet I have one in mind. It's the one where Goober has a car inside the courthouse. GAK !!

Views: 757

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ahbedog!!!

Goober had his moments: When he opened the case with a quarter of a million:

Andy: "Goober, you didn't see this!"

Goober: "I'm lookin' right AT it!"

Cracks me up every time!

Absolutely. Should have won an Emmy or at least a GOLeee.

Some people cannot escape being literal. Be careful trying to tell 'em a joke, you might have to explain it to them. 

That Cary Grant impression of his shoulda at least got him an Oscar. He nailed it! Judy. Judy. Judy.

Overall, did it seem Mayberry had too many educated, metropolitan folk who really should have lived in Raleigh? 

Only a few in seasons 1- 5  are on my un favorite list:  Floyd the Gay deciever with Andy as Floyd's son and Aunt Bee as a maid in some guy's house who was away on vacation, come on. Gomer the House guest; all those guys bring their cars to Andy's house to get their shocks checked. Guest in the House,  Pretty boring one.    And after season five its when Barn sees Thel is married.  That always ticked me off.  I hate that one.  The dumbest ep to me is when the Russians have a summit meeting with American diplomats in Andy's kitchen; that pushing it.

But TAGS will always have a special place in my heart so you can pretty much pick a number out of a hat and I'd watch the whole show anyway, unless it was number 44, or  6 7/8.      

You betcha, Franklin. Some were a real s-t-r-e-t-c-h.

Just make sure you don't pick the hat size.

I know some have never watched the color episodes, but one episode I refuse to watch is “A Baby in the House.”  I’ve heard enough babies cry with doing it on purpose. 

Oh, and how about the one where Opie and his friend find a baby, then go around town asking about babies? Everyone interprets this as them asking about the birds and the bees. There are a bunch of color episodes we could do without. There are only a few that I can watch.

I still maintain both networks are NOT showing a slew of TAGS, color 'sodes aside. The baby ones mentioned are two I have not seen in eons. Lately we are "treated" to it seems about two dozen over and over. And I ran a TAGS site like this one here a few years ago, and TVLand was abbreviating what it showed just like it is doing now. Just that it extends what used to be half an hour to 36 minutes so it can stuff more commercials down our eyes and ears. And even back then TVLand messed with the credits, in fact tossed them. MeTV runs the credits which I feel is the correct way. 

TVLand needs its bud nipped.

I found out not long ago that networks bid on a batch of episodes, not the entire collection. That's why they show the same episodes over and over and don't show others. They only have the rights to air certain eps.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Dr. Pendyke replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Pike was a befuddled, somewhat confused mayor, but at heart he was a nice guy. Stoner was just a…"
4 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"How did such a jerk ever get elected mayor?"
8 hours ago
Dud replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Town Seal
"The only fire I saw on the series was the time Jubal Foster burned down his own barn makin'…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"He was pretentious... an interloper. I've never seen such a clear case of pretentious…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Musta been a popular name back then. I like how the writers named people on the show. All unusual…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"He was a joke cracker."
Friday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"It was Bobby Fleet who remarked how if there was a beauty contest in Mayberry, no one would win."
Thursday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Not sure where this belongs but I was watching an early episode of My Three Sons called The Blind…"
Thursday
Dud replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Try here: Youtube Video"
Oct 16
Cornelia Shields is now a member of iMayberry Community
Oct 15
"Here are two pictures of Sheldon Leonard. One of them shows him as the bartender in that movie."
Oct 15
"Yes, Burt was the cop, played by Ward Bond (Wagon Train), but you have Leonard nailed, cha-ching…"
Oct 15

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service