iMayberry Community

You bet I have one in mind. It's the one where Goober has a car inside the courthouse. GAK !!

Views: 757

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are a few episodes I think we could have done without. S1:E5 "Irresistible Andy" It wasn't really funny and Andy looked foolish. S1:E12 "Stranger in Town". I didn't care much for either. S1:E15 "Those Gossipin' Men" was pretty dumb too. Andy being a man of wisdom was too easily duped.

I guess they all can't be winners. 

Dud, I have great respect for your opinions and posts (and enjoy reading them), but I can't go along with you here. "Irresistible Andy" has one of the great monologues (when Andy "realizes" that Ellie is a "desperate hunter") and "Stranger in Town" to me is a kinda cool reversal of the familiar plot of ....well...a stranger coming into town. In other examples (Ellie's first episode, Gossipin Men, the manicurist, Bailey boy, Man in a Hurry), the new person has to adapt to the town and its quirks (whether consciously or not). But Ed Sawyer already knows everything about everyone (to a creepy extent). Maybe I'm easily impressed but I find that episode clever (not a favorite but still...) 

Don't dump on me, but "Opie the Birdman" is one I could do without.  

"Well, Inkin will tell Blinkin, Blinkin will tell Nod, Nod will tell Barney and Barney will tell you"

Now, that thar's funny, I don't care where yer frum.

"Cousin Virgil" is one I just can't bear to watch.

Also, the last B&W episode - "Banjo Playing Deputy". Lame!

I also can't watch the Virgil show.  The theme was so inconsistent.  

I don't mind Virgil but I think I agree with the Banjo fella. I just don't find that Van Dyke brand of humor appealing, I guess. It's one of the few episodes I will skip. 

I agree, never liked Michael Pollard as an actor.  Seemed kind of creepy to me.  Jerry Van Dyke had his own type of humor, with the need for someone else to finish his sentences.  Same with Jack Burns (?), Andy's deputy later on.  Did you like him? HUH?HUH?HUH?HUH?

I second that regarding Jerry Van Dyke.

Those two episodes are hard to watch. They definitely belong in the Mayberry dump.

Haha. But does that mean we have to go there at night with a lantern and watch them in the dark?

I'd rather find and read that magazine Ole Barn subscribed for from that college kid selling subscriptions. You know there are some great articles by great authors in that magazine.  Just look at the ribbon around the girls ankle.   

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Dud replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Try here: Youtube Video"
yesterday
Cornelia Shields is now a member of iMayberry Community
Monday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Here are two pictures of Sheldon Leonard. One of them shows him as the bartender in that movie."
Monday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Yes, Burt was the cop, played by Ward Bond (Wagon Train), but you have Leonard nailed, cha-ching…"
Monday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Wow I didn’t know that about them being n A Wonderful Life. I have the DVD, gonna have to…"
Monday
"He was in the 1946 classic "It's A Wonderful Life." Had a bit part, he was the man…"
Monday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Just watching TCM and I thought I saw Mayor Pike , or the actor -  Dick Elliott, in a movie so…"
Monday
Shorty Cox replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"This is a difficult.  Both brought so much to Mayberry.  S-T-O-N-E-R, was good at…"
Sunday
Shorty Cox replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Yes,  Andy tells Opie his Ma died, we don't know if it was illness or just being stepped…"
Sunday
Jubal Foster replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"I've watched Andy since day one, and never saw the Danny Thomas Show episode where Andy tells…"
Sunday
Jubal Foster replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Actually, Thelscuz, Opie told Ellie "Ain't got no maw" in "Ellie Comes to…"
Sunday
rb replied to Deborah R's discussion Andy's Awkwardness with a Cigarette
"i always thought the same too.  i'm sure he was smoker (don too), but sure didn't…"
Sunday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service