iMayberry Community

You bet I have one in mind. It's the one where Goober has a car inside the courthouse. GAK !!

Views: 1008

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll have a pan of fudge waiting...

Yes, got it so far, Dud. But but but are we concluding correctly that two networks that carry TAGS bid on and won (received) the same episodes? I am keeping track, and TVLand and MeTV both play the same shows. Is there another network out there I am unaware of? 

Yeah, TVLand REALLY cuts 'em up pretty good, takes out pieces of episodes, and they sure overload us with them danged commercials.  I like MeTV, 'cause they play all the B&Ws, with Deputy Fike on 'em, and of course the ones he wasn't in.  The only one I've noticed that they pass by until the right season is the Christmas episode, my favorite of all time, because Ellie and Andy actually sing about the Lord Jesus.  There was a season way back when every sitcom came up with a Christmas episode, including Jed 'n all his kin, and my moonshinin' friend from the Ozarks, Granny Moses.  Hers corn squeezin's taste good, but mine burn hotter.  :D

Great question, Deborah. TAGS did not seem prime when it came to national holidays. Christmas is the only one that comes to my mind. 

Didn’t Goober have to guard the cannon on the Fourth of July?

Wait though. Simply mentioning a holiday isn't the same as having a holiday episode about it. You've been hanging 'round the fun girls too much, Bernie. 

National Potato Week comes to mind. 

Good one, Mayor!  And National Still Smashin' Day.

The Morrison Sisters missed one. National Sandwich Day's coming up. Don't expect anything for free though. We have way, way, way too many holidaze as it is.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/every-place-free-food-national-2217...

And Mayberry even had a Potato Queen!  So they really got into this holiday. 

When Barney read the ad in the paper for a new car I think it  said:" Aged widow must sell...somethin somethin...car.  Low miles, only been drivin to church on Sunday and once a year to Aunt Martha's for Thanksgiving.  ...

...and then Andy said: " Look at this Christmas mess, Barney. You were supposed to clean this up!" 

They were on the roof of the courthouse checking on Gomer becasue he was being a lookout for some crooks who were maybe gonna try to bust out thier buddy from jail.  

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Floyd's Stunt Doubles in Goober's Contest
"There’s a few more folks! Can you name them?"
4 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Opie's Name
"My theory is that it was suggested by Dub Taylor, the guy who was the mailman and a few other…"
4 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"In the Christian movie, “Finding Normal” they refer to the small town as…"
4 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Catsmeat's discussion Your favorite scene of all time
"I know I have already posted a few, but I must add. The scene with Barney dancing with Big Maude…"
5 hours ago
"Whoops, I see I have already posted a few scenes! Oh well, there are a lot of great ones. Hard to…"
5 hours ago
"I like when Barney and Big Maude dance there way out the door. That's one for sure.  Too…"
5 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Yeah, doors have a way of disappearing or moving around on TAGS.  Andy's back-kitchen…"
5 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion TVLand Finally Breaks Out From The Tired, Worn Out Episodes
"Jim Nabors was still "in the closet" when he was in TAGS, and did not officially come out…"
14 hours ago
Wilson replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion TVLand Finally Breaks Out From The Tired, Worn Out Episodes
"I don't disagree with you, but I have known stars on TV to come out after one of their…"
14 hours ago
Wilson replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Man, you guys really watch some of these episodes very close. I just watch them for their…"
15 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion TVLand Finally Breaks Out From The Tired, Worn Out Episodes
"Homosexuals have always been in the entertainment field, in or out of the closet. I do not see this…"
15 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"As to the water crock, in one episode Barney serves water from a pitcher, "
15 hours ago

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service