iMayberry Community

We all agree, the show is still funny after 53 years but we all have different ideas about what is funny. Might be fun if we go through the cast and name each character's funniest line.  If you want to join in, pick a character, tell what line you think is their funniest line and everyone else can reply with their own.

Views: 782

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite Clara line: "I believe it came up when we discussed it."

I remember that.  That was one of Clara's funnier lines.  Like Aunt Bee..."Don't you want to hear the gossip that wasn't supposed to go any further?"

Opie: "Pa, just what can you do with a grown woman?"

Another Opieism

When Andy is is asking Opie if he understands why they're sneaking behind Bee's back to replace her bad 'ol home pickles with good 'ol store pickles...

"Yea, because we don't want to hurt Aunt Bee's feelings and you don't want me to get sick again"

"I cain't do William Holden he talks like everybody else." (One of my favorite Gooberisms)

"Ain't you gotta jack?"

Speaking of Goober, one of my favorite exchanges is from "Goober Takes a Car Apart."

"Andy, I promise I won't leave the courthouse...only thing that will get me out is a fire or famine or to go to the drugstore to get a sammich."

"Goober!"

"I'll eat in!"

That Earlie Gilley... all he does is speed, speed, speed.

Gilly, you don't drive a car fast all the time. You drive her slow every now and then.

How you aim to drive, fast? {screeeeech}

Didn't you hear it?  It went puh ding puh ding.

"I'll eat in!"  Another line that always makes me laugh out loud.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Gary W. Burg posted a discussion

Tying Up Mayberry's Phone Lines

I don't get it, I just don't get it.In "Man in a Hurry," two elderly sisters paralyze telephone…See More
19 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Yes sir Mayor, he reached through Andy’s window to get an apple and pow! thier scheme was…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Mr. Schwump In 'Christmas in Connecticut', 1945
"Good work! With some luck we will solve this mystery."
Saturday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Good one! Andy's Vacation! (One of my favorites) Gomer just had to have an apple!"
Saturday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
":"Hey Barn, we can make up some animal noises in case we get separated.  I can be an owl…"
Saturday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Let’s Play Clue?
"Sorry about this. Its just some-more 'IFFin' No harm or fowl intended towards my beloved…"
Saturday
Shorty Cox replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Let’s Play Clue?
"The way I see it is, The key question is: “How did Andy learn French in France during the war…"
Friday
Greg Fuller replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Mr. Schwump In 'Christmas in Connecticut', 1945
"Mr. Mayor, me and my brother having been working on the "Mayberry Million Dollar Mystery…"
Friday
Shorty Cox replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Sha-Zam,  This thread makes one keep the thanking bucket handy.  My first guess is it has…"
Friday
"What episode did I just watch?"
Friday
"Little story about my Duck Pond picture:  My wife and I go walkin around that park every now…"
Friday
Shorty Cox replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Dogs Dogs Dogs This thread has been so much fun.  Thank you Keevy.  "
Thursday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service