iMayberry Community

"cause, if I was a spider, that's where I'd go."

"juudyy juuuddy  juuddyy...I can't do it."

Views: 375

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"probably just the lighting...like Andy said."

"I guess that makes you the sheriff!"

"When she is in that (on) position she is gonna run on ya".

You just go up an ally and holler fish!

my goodness that is a classic.  I don't know where it came from, but I have a story about it.

In the late 70's, early 80's I was 14 or 15 and my best friend and I would come home from school in Charlotte and watch TAGS re-runs.  We didn't miss an episode.  We died laughing at "go up an alley and holler fish"!  One night we got tickets to go to a a college basketball game at the old Charlotte Coliseum.  Going out to get a drink, we noticed a little rubber basketball, the kind they throw out in the stands at half time, stuck up on a ledge of a concourse, about 10 feet high.  

There was a grump old man with a long broom sweeping the floor, and my friend said "ask him if we can use his broom to knock it down."  We were both timid, but I got up the courage to ask him.

He snarled..."you shouldn't have thrown it up there."

I said "we didn't, we just want to get it down."

He said something to the effect of "get away you kids, stop bothering me".

So we kind of skulked off, and after the game when we were leaving, we saw him down a little hall grumping along.  We had talked about what a mean guy he was and finally I said "I'll show him."

So we looked at our escape path, and I tried to yell down the hall "why don't you go up an alley and holler fish" but after the first word came out of my mouth my friend took off running like he had seen a ghost and I was laughing so hard I could barely say "and holler fish!"

Then I took off running at the speed of light, and we darted through the crowd and out of the coliseum.  We still laugh about that to this day.

CUTE story, Luther.

Gomer to Andy after Wally has fired him for being, "...insufficient in (his) duties":  As Gomer is heading out to apply for a job as a butcher he responds to Andy's question as to whether or not he has experience in cutting meat, "Do you think they'll ask me that?"

Water and air is free. Now gas, we gotta make a charge for that...depending on how many times the pump goes ding.

Good story, Luther!

Gomer to Andy while he's trying to rip off the car door with his bare hands,

"Don't you think you'll need a wrench?"

Gomer, a bit surprised that Aunt Bee's bargain freezer ran on electricity exclaimed "Oh, electric huh!"

when Andy says "he's been bitten by the green eyed monster"

Gomer says "He has? Well they got some stuff down at the drugstore that'll keep 'em off of you. One fell on me just yesterday!" 

"Citizens arrest, citizens arrest"

Oh yes, Dave.  The classic.  That must be one of the shortest funniest lines ever on TV.  Someone called it out in my school's cafeteria the next day and the whole big baby-boomer bunch of us burst out laughing.

Shazam!

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
1 hour ago
Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Floyd's Stunt Doubles in Goober's Contest
"Wow, nice find Dave Cline!!! I never noticed that before, but clearly that was not the real Barney…"
1 hour ago
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"That wasn't too unusual in the days when almost every car had a bench seat, Dave.  Way…"
8 hours ago
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Agreed, Wilson.  I enjoyed this conversation at first, but I honestly hate to pick apart my…"
8 hours ago
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"In "Ride Beyond Vengeance" a movie staring Chuck Connors and James MacArthur (among…"
14 hours ago
Dave Cline replied to John Lane's discussion Floyd's Stunt Doubles in Goober's Contest
"Jerry Brutsche is Barneys stunt double in "Barneys Sidecar" and Luther's in…"
16 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"No, Franklin, a medal of wow. And fun. The frustrating thing is that we people love to complain,…"
21 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Floyd's Stunt Doubles in Goober's Contest
"There’s a few more folks! Can you name them?"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Opie's Name
"My theory is that it was suggested by Dub Taylor, the guy who was the mailman and a few other…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"In the Christian movie, “Finding Normal” they refer to the small town as…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Catsmeat's discussion Your favorite scene of all time
"I know I have already posted a few, but I must add. The scene with Barney dancing with Big Maude…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Catsmeat's discussion Your favorite scene of all time
"Whoops, I see I have already posted a few scenes! Oh well, there are a lot of great ones. Hard to…"
yesterday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service