iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 17580

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ep:  The Loaded Goat

Right after the boys run into Otis in the alley, Opie comes around the corner, riding his bicycle on the sidewalk, and rides right up to Andy and Barney.  It's against the law to ride your bike on the sidewalk in other episodes...but nobody says anything to Opie.

I just saw the scene in the alley, where Otis comes out of the basement speak-easy, for the first time a few months ago.  I have seen the loaded goat episode a bazillion times, but never that scene.

maybe Andy and Barney were preoccupied, or maybe they felt generous that day.  :-)

maybe he gets away with it because his paws the sheriff

Ep: Those Gossiping Men

On the magazine rack in Walker's Drug Store, there's a TV Guide with Lucille Ball's picture on the cover.

I'm not sure this fits into this category, Col, but this has always bothered me.  Have you ever noticed that early on, when the man in a hurry breaks down in Mayberry, Gomer has no knowledge of engines.  All he can do at Wally's is pump gas, wash windshields, and air tires.  Before we know it, he is an absolute wizard at diagnosing engine troubles and repairing same.  How can this be?

What kind of magic turned the inept Gomer into the exceedingly "ept" Gomer, auto-mechanics-wise?

That Mechanics Monthly Magazine had some great articles.

Maybe the Mechanics Monthly offered one of them "Correspondence Courses" and he got certified through the mail.

Or he put that bucket over his head and just kept thankin and thankin.  Its easy to thank under there.

Hummmm I'll have to take a think under there!!!

Haha good one Dud !

Remember cars were simpler back then, so maybe Gomer picked up on it quickly. His goal in life was he was going to be a doctor, so the intelligence was there, he just took a different path and became an overnight mechanic.

(That's my thought and I'm sticking to it, HA!)

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Dr. Pendyke replied to Mrs. Mendlebright's discussion Mayberry Folk on Vacation
"I would imagine it's not easy to find a waiter/flamenco dancer in Italy. "
yesterday
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Mrs. Mendlebright's discussion Mayberry Folk on Vacation
"Yes, but with her nephew and it's too late because Suzanne is already gaga over Troy.  In…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Mrs. Mendlebright's discussion Mayberry Folk on Vacation
"Is Clara trying to orchestrate a romance in this movie?"
yesterday
Mrs. Mendlebright posted a discussion

Mayberry Folk on Vacation

I'm watching "Rome Adventure," with Suzanne Pleshette  and Troy Donahue running around Italy, and…See More
Saturday
Thelscuz replied to Thelscuz's discussion What Would You Miss Most?
"I'd also miss Andy saying to Barney, when he just can't take anymore, "You beat…"
Friday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Dargood? And, Bee was indignant, as I remember it."
Thursday
Dave Cline replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"woman"
Wednesday
Dave Cline replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"clank clink"
Wednesday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Wasn't that Frick and Frack?"