iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 18364

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Remember cars were simpler back then, so maybe Gomer picked up on it quickly. His goal in life was he was going to be a doctor, so the intelligence was there, he just took a different path and became an overnight mechanic.

(That's my thought and I'm sticking to it, HA!)

Maybe Goober gave him some "schoolin"...Nobody knows cars and engines like Goober.

Ya, back then he was just working there part time, and was studying to be a Doctor. Calling Doctor Moe, Larry, Curly....and Gomer.

Remember in the episode when Aunt B bought all that meat and the old freezer broke down, he seemed to have no mechanical ability at all then either. Opie had to clue him to unplug it before messing with it.

haha that's funny! Dr Moe Larry Curly, and Gomer. 

Check over Mr.Mason's shoulder.
Attachments:

The actor in this picture was the first Ward Cleaver.

He's a cannon dealer now.

Wow, missed that.

I like looking for things in each episode that I never noticed before.  For me it makes watching the show (over and over ad infinitum) more interesting.  Here are a few I found:

In some episodes the water crock in the jail is missing

In at least two episodes the coffee pot in the back room of the jail doesn't have a lid.  They use a saucer plate to cover it.

When a local is in the jail the keys are left on the peg between the cells.  When someone from out of town is locked up the keys are put in the desk drawer (except for the time Barney forgot in S3:E32 "The Bighouse").

Although Walker's Drug Store sells pipe tobacco, no business in Mayberry sells cigarettes,  cigars or snuff even though they are often used or mentioned in the show.  Maybe Andy and Mr. Goss buy their smokes in Mt. Pilot.

When Frankie Flint goes to the drug store to get  some tobacco for her pa, she doesn't specify pipe tobacco or

snuff. I always thought it was snuff.

Correction: Frankie Flint asks for chawin' tobacco for her pa in Walker's drugstore.

Ep: The Loaded Goat

When Barney goes into the shed where Jimmy the Goat was eating Dynamite, it is very dark, causing Barney to have to light a match...part of the comedy of the scene. But when Jimmy was in a few minutes earlier, the place is well lit

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I was flipping channels the other day and came across an episode of Tombstone Territory. Lo and…"
9 hours ago
George's TV Repair replied to Dud's discussion New Game - Spot Tom
"Tom even did a little shopping @ Bert's!  (Rare Nickle beat me to it, but I thunk…"
11 hours ago
George's TV Repair replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I watched an old Sterling Hayden movie called "Johnny Guitar" over the weekend.  Ben…"
11 hours ago
Jerry Eads liked Allan "Floyd" Newsome's profile
17 hours ago
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Makes you thank!"
20 hours ago
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Little old ladies out never to clank."
20 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Saw an episode on Perry Mason with a shoplifter. And the same lady played the shoplifter in the…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Mayor Pike's discussion My Eyes Were Opened!
"I think everyone has had their eyes opened at one time or another but I don't think…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Just saw our beloved girl Peggy in a Hitchcock episode "Invitation to an Accident" Season…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"Are you sure you said 'drawer' or 'door' cause I thought you said…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"Well, in their defense, they did have "Maximum Security". Keys in the drawer. "
yesterday
Gary Craig replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"How else was Otis supposed to let himself out after his time was up?"
yesterday

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service