iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 16440

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ep:  The Loaded Goat

Right after the boys run into Otis in the alley, Opie comes around the corner, riding his bicycle on the sidewalk, and rides right up to Andy and Barney.  It's against the law to ride your bike on the sidewalk in other episodes...but nobody says anything to Opie.

I just saw the scene in the alley, where Otis comes out of the basement speak-easy, for the first time a few months ago.  I have seen the loaded goat episode a bazillion times, but never that scene.

maybe Andy and Barney were preoccupied, or maybe they felt generous that day.  :-)

Ep: Those Gossiping Men

On the magazine rack in Walker's Drug Store, there's a TV Guide with Lucille Ball's picture on the cover.

I'm not sure this fits into this category, Col, but this has always bothered me.  Have you ever noticed that early on, when the man in a hurry breaks down in Mayberry, Gomer has no knowledge of engines.  All he can do at Wally's is pump gas, wash windshields, and air tires.  Before we know it, he is an absolute wizard at diagnosing engine troubles and repairing same.  How can this be?

What kind of magic turned the inept Gomer into the exceedingly "ept" Gomer, auto-mechanics-wise?

That Mechanics Monthly Magazine had some great articles.

Maybe the Mechanics Monthly offered one of them "Correspondence Courses" and he got certified through the mail.

Or he put that bucket over his head and just kept thankin and thankin.  Its easy to thank under there.

Hummmm I'll have to take a think under there!!!

Haha good one Dud !

Remember cars were simpler back then, so maybe Gomer picked up on it quickly. His goal in life was he was going to be a doctor, so the intelligence was there, he just took a different path and became an overnight mechanic.

(That's my thought and I'm sticking to it, HA!)

Ya, back then he was just working there part time, and was studying to be a Doctor. Calling Doctor Moe, Larry, Curly....and Gomer.

Remember in the episode when Aunt B bought all that meat and the old freezer broke down, he seemed to have no mechanical ability at all then either. Opie had to clue him to unplug it before messing with it.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike left a comment for Johnna Buntin
"John 3:16 Love it! "
36 minutes ago
Dave Cline replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"I think Barney said this at the beginning of "Barney and Thelma Lou Phfftt" when he and…"
4 hours ago
Susan Plesha replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Righto!  Who said, "a man likes something solid"?  Can you also name the…"
9 hours ago
Profile IconJohnna Buntin and Todd Jones joined iMayberry Community
22 hours ago
MarkoFifo replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"He played a great part, as always! I'll have to look at some of his other old movies, but…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Barney's Theories - List them here!
"Barney was certain he could get the bank robber of a quarter of a million to come to him by…"
yesterday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Barney's Theories - List them here!
"You gotta admit though that was a brave thing Barney did.   Heck, he didn't know that was…"
yesterday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Susan Plesha's discussion Curious...Curious...
"Yeah, I never understood why they would want to move the back door on the kitchen set. I guess…"
yesterday
guitarplayer replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"dave browne..... swiping gum balls for opie"
yesterday
Susan Plesha replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Cousin Ollie said that.  Frankly, I never liked the guy."
yesterday
Susan Plesha replied to Susan Plesha's discussion Curious...Curious...
"You are right!  The episode with Howard bowling a perfect game definitely shows a lot of…"
yesterday
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Susan Plesha's discussion Curious...Curious...
"The door and window seemed to move around, too."
yesterday

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service