iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 18936

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry about that. No bathroom, just a mirror. Just watched this again.

Not sure who drew this but this is layout of what the courthouse could possibly look like.

I often think about that as well OSG. Only one or two scenes shot in a bathroom...Opie and his toothbrush is one I can think of offhand.

Anybody think of any others?
Gomer was gargling and making faces in the bathroom mirror in Gomer the Houseguest, right?
This is not necessarily something physical to notice, but it occurred to me while watching "Opie's Charity" recently that Annabelle Silby must have been a pill to live with because it took her supposedly dead husband Tom two years to get to missing her enough to leave Charlottesville and return to Mayberry.

I've always wondered how Malcom Merrywether can travel the broad expanse of the USA on only a bicycle. Also, in the episode when Andy first meets Malcom in front of his house there is what looks like Barney's first car parked right smack dab in Andy's driveway. 

Yes, Malcolm traveling like that always seemed odd to me, too. He wears his suit and tie while traveling also and all he has is a little suitcase and little back pack. Those people from "some where's else" could really do remarkable things.

Hope this hasn't been mentioned, but I noticed the other day:

When Andy and Barney cross the "Robert E. Lee Natural Bridge" to rid the Darling's of Ernest T. Bass, at one point they are in the cabin and there is a window on either side of the front door.  Through the left window, trees are clearly visible.  When they walk out on the front porch to confront Ernest T., there is a room addition that would completely obscure any view that window could have of the outdoors.

Good job George...you little Trained Noticer...

I have to correct myself on this.  I have since paid better attention, and the extension (from inside) on the left is there.  It is just hard to see, but I've never been able to find this post to correct myself.  Thanks for pointing it out Col.

On a similar point... I've always wondered if you have to cross the Robert E. Lee Natural Bridge to get to the Darling's cabin, how is it that they were able to drive the squad car across?  Its just a  tree that fell across the shallow spot in the creek right?

Just noticed this...(maybe mentioned before)....Colonel Harvey's Indian Elixir is 85 PERCENT alcohol. Aunt Bee drinks over half of what looks to be at least a 16 ounce bottle. Seems like she would have been way more gassed than she was.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I hope you never got trapped in a giant bowl of soup on a billboard!"
18 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"That is one of my favorite Leave It To Beaver episodes. So many of the things that happened to…"
yesterday
George's TV Repair replied to Dud's discussion Like to read? Check this out...
"Nice!  Though I have to admit, reading comprehension is my weakest strength.  It was,…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"A more recent example just dawned on me. Clint Howard (who has a very long list of credits) played…"
yesterday
Dr. Pendyke replied to Dud's discussion What would Mayberry look like today?
"Back in 2011 all sheriff offices in the state of NC were required to have dashboard and officer…"
yesterday
Dud posted a discussion

Like to read? Check this out...

One of the ways that the TAGS series had rubbed off on me; it has encouraged me to write.  I always…See More
yesterday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I just saw Dick Elliot in an episode of 'Everglades' (1961-62).  He played…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion What would Mayberry look like today?
"Good reckonin' there Mayor."
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Dud's discussion What would Mayberry look like today?
"Truthfully, I shudder to think what Mayberry would look like today? People would be sitting on the…"
Friday
Darrell Francis replied to Dud's discussion What would Mayberry look like today?
"Years ago one of Mayberry's citizens left for fame and fortune as a music star. Jim Lindsey…"
Thursday
Darrell Francis posted discussions
Thursday
Larry Grainger replied to Olan Soule's discussion Who's the lady?
"Bruce Bilson, the assistant director for a couple of seasons, said she was also a stand-in for Don…"
Oct 16

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service