iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 17277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Florida's weather was probably better than the weather where Andy may have been contemplating sending Roger--Andy wasn't above cleaning the ole shotgun when he thought it was needed for one of Aunt Bee's beaus!

I don't think I have ever seen a mention of the phony main street set. (Episode "Up in Barney's Room")

A little further down the street for context:

Notice the nondescript wall where the alley and hotel should be.  Also on the Back 40 set, Foley's has windows on BOTH sides of the doors.  I have seen this set used in at least one other episode, though I can't recall which one it was.

I was thinking about the time Andy put out the fire in the barrel of rags and Gomer was so happy he began to give away Wally's inventory to Andy in appreciation. I wonder how Wally felt about that?

"Wally was wonderful man" But then again, he did fire Gomer for being insufficient in his duties.

Ever Notice that the name of the Movie showing at The Grand is NEVER on the marquee.  

Curious...curious...curious. 

I noticed in Mayberry on Record when the boys were playing music in Floyd's barber shop that a sign on the wall said: Hair cut $1.00, Shave 35 cents, shampoo 75 cents, Shine 25 cents.      Now what is a shine in a barber shop?   Do they shine your head for you if you are bald?

Back in the day, most barber shops had a shoe shine stand.

Reply by Rare Nickle yesterday

"Back in the day, most barber shops had a shoe shine stand."
Oh okay.  Too bad.  I thought I would be able to go into Floyd's and have my bald spot buffed-up.  Maybe he could use some Foster's furniture polish to give it that extra special glow.   

I recently noticed (I probably have before, but just never gave it much thought) that in "Andy's Rich Girlfriend" in the opening scene, they all go out to the lake in the squad car.  At the end of the episode, Andy goes back out there after being verbally adjusted by Peggy and discovered her there as well, skipping rocks across the water.  My question is how would Peggy have gotten out there as there was no car in sight (even though she had shiny new Thunderbird convertible) except the one Andy had driven?  As Gomer said, it makes you think!

Maybe it belonged to Rose, and she sent for it after she settled into her new abode. ;-)

I wonder if that went all the way over to the front door?

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion BEST LINES...GO!
"I don't believe that dog could find his own food dish!"
Saturday
Dr. Pendyke replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"George Nader played an earlier new doc in town. Barney made an appointment to spy on him. Barney…"
Saturday
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Laura Lee Hobbs is a clerk down at the five and dime. You might be interested to…"
Friday
Thelscuz replied to Mayor Pike's discussion So how long would this take?
"We need to keep in mind that Barney would only have implemented his plan for Mass-PD-ID during…"
Friday
Dr. Pendyke replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Aunt Bee's cousin Bradford Taylor was a bit time international financier with holdings all…"
Thursday
Mayor Pike replied to Mayor Pike's discussion So how long would this take?
"From what I am calculating, about a 100 a month for about 50 months or 4 years.  This is proof…"
Thursday
Bernie Fife replied to Mayor Pike's discussion So how long would this take?
"The reverend might find the class "dry as dust"."
Thursday
Rare Nickle replied to Mayor Pike's discussion So how long would this take?
"Get officer Upchurch from the state police to conduct the class."
Thursday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Mayor Pike's discussion So how long would this take?
"Well, that would depend on how much time Andy or Barney would have to conduct these courses what…"
May 17
George's TV Repair replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Well  they have been takin' from him for a good many years."
May 17
"Yes, butterfingers. That was strike three. I guess the skills needed for carving a turkey and…"
May 17
Mayor Pike replied to Mayor Pike's discussion So how long would this take?
"50 people per class, one class a week. . ."
May 17

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service