iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 17108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

no, the only person I think looks like Thelma Lou is Sharon deSpain...

I believe the actress your thinking of is Barbara Perry...

you're right.  Now that you mention it Sharon DeSpain did look a lot like Thelma Lou.

I also think it's funny in the second reunion episode when Aunt Bee is looking over the names of the guests she reads "Sharon DeSpain" and says she remembers that name.  Andy quickly says "we were in Civics Club together". 

btw, Sharon deSpain was played by Peggy McCay

Lydia Crosswathe was sitting in the diner at a table with a white-haired man who could be her father in Earnest T. Joins The Army.  It was when Barney ordered breakfast at the counter and then asked the fella next to him; who was reading the paper, to pass the sugar. It was Earnest T.  and Barney arrested him.

Probably Lydia's father. He hates his job.
That was the breakfast that might have been too much for Hoss Cartwright. Btw, I'm not so sure that was Lydia. We only get a brief look, but maybe others can weigh in.

In episode 1 the new house keeper, when Aunt Bee first comes into the house, there is a picture of a woman on the wall in the living room; must be Andy's wife. 

Good find. She was quite a looker, especially with the 1940s wallpaper as a background.

I heard this a a picture of Frances Bavier in her broadway days. It is in other episodes hanging in different places too.

You can also notice in that first episode or maybe more eps, that the whole front-door side of the living room is raised about six inches on a platform about four feet wide. Probly part of the removable set. I imagine they could grab whole sections of the set and just pull it out and move it around. That might explain why the kitchen door is moved in the color shows.  They probly used that stage for another show or something and then put it back together wrong as a simple human error.  There's a scene I watched  today showing Roger Hanover and Aunt Bee in the kitchen and its shot from 'behind' the kitchen sink.  BTW   that Roger,  I can't stand him.   

Can somebody please post a screen shot of the picture. I can not find it but would like to see it.
Thanks

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Franklin Dickerson replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Blue had a presumptive and short lived job as a plain-clothes policeman. He also received extensive…"
6 hours ago
Dr. Pendyke replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Flora worked as a waitress at the diner, then she worked at Wally's Service Station and was…"
7 hours ago
George's TV Repair replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"It's amazing the doors that open up when you discover you're "ept"."
13 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Asa Breeney worked as a night watchman at Weavers Dept Store. Mister weaver said it was easy…"
14 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Newton Monroe changed professions. Was a seller of goods out of his car, but thanks to Andy he…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Frank Myers made berries for womens' hats. (If berries was to come back in again, he'd be…"
yesterday
"Mister Schlummer sold realestate sitting in his office smoking a big fat cigar and when…"
yesterday
Michael replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Who said: "Dexter Street?"?"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Dud's discussion New Game - Spot Tom
"You get the Mayberry Spot Tom Award for that one Dave! "
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Floyd Lawson was the.....uh, um......uh, the, uh......oh, yes.....the barber."
Friday
Michael replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Howard was the County Clerk"
Friday
Michael replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Helen was a teacher. "Helen, anything wrong with my eyes?  You a teacher.""
Friday

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service