iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 23205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In "The Big House", in "Doc's" first escape, he does not wear his jacket. In his second escape, he puts it on before using the conveniently placed key on the peg, outside the door, to escape. Was there a sudden change in weather?

Did anyone notice that sheriff Taylor and his most capable deputy Barney Fice were breaking the Green River ordnance going door to door trying to sell a cannon.
I see Two Chairs No Waiting is featuring Jeff Pruitt Takes a Wife. In that episode, as Andy and Thelma Lou discuss “citi-fying” Jeff, Andy is cracking and eating nuts out of a bowl. The thing is, he discards the shells back in the bowl. It always kind of bothered me that Andy did that. Are there any thoughts on that? Is that acceptable?

Have not worked one of those nutcrackers in perhaps 30 or 40 years! So I forgot. But I remember as a kid, bowls of nuts with a nutcracker on a table were quite common. My Aunt Emma had one.  I would guess that I did not put the shells back in the bowl. 

In the world I grew up in, it was a common thing to discard the nut shells back into the container.  I witnessed it in several homes I was in.  

Ditto!  When the bowl was almost empty(sic), it was hard to find a nut.

When Andy and Barney are looking through their old yearbook, The Cutlass, they are looking at Barney’s picture and Andy is reading his profile. Then they move forward in the book and come across Ramona Wiley. When Barney mentions Sharon Despain, Andy turn the pages but instead of going backward, as she would be in alphabetical order...he moves “forward” several pages again to find her, instead if backwards. It can’t be that she was in a younger class...why else would she be attending the Class Reunion of 1945?

That's some mighty fine notic'n Colonel! 

Maybe the boys were in the front half and the girls were in the back. Just a theory.

Last night, while watching the episode “The Loaded Goat,” I noticed something for the first time. In the opening scene, Mayor Stoner (S-t-o-n-e-r) is in the barber chair, and Andy and Tom Jacobs are milling around the shop. There is a guy sitting on a stool in the foreground, almost immediately in front of Mayor Stoner. When Hudge comes into the shop with Jimmy the soon-to-be-loaded goat, not only has the fellow on the stool disappeared, the stool is gone as well. Count Isvantelecky must have had something to do with that!

Good catch Larry Grainger!

Has anyone ever noticed that in The Shoplifters episode when Barney identifies the little lady shoplifter, Ben Weaver is wearing the same necktie with acorns that Gomer bought for his date with Mary Grace in the episode A Date for Gomer?

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Dud replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Try here: Youtube Video"
21 hours ago
Cornelia Shields is now a member of iMayberry Community
yesterday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Here are two pictures of Sheldon Leonard. One of them shows him as the bartender in that movie."
Monday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Yes, Burt was the cop, played by Ward Bond (Wagon Train), but you have Leonard nailed, cha-ching…"
Monday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Wow I didn’t know that about them being n A Wonderful Life. I have the DVD, gonna have to…"
Monday
"He was in the 1946 classic "It's A Wonderful Life." Had a bit part, he was the man…"
Monday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Just watching TCM and I thought I saw Mayor Pike , or the actor -  Dick Elliott, in a movie so…"
Monday
Shorty Cox replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"This is a difficult.  Both brought so much to Mayberry.  S-T-O-N-E-R, was good at…"
Sunday
Shorty Cox replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Yes,  Andy tells Opie his Ma died, we don't know if it was illness or just being stepped…"
Sunday
Jubal Foster replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"I've watched Andy since day one, and never saw the Danny Thomas Show episode where Andy tells…"
Sunday
Jubal Foster replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Actually, Thelscuz, Opie told Ellie "Ain't got no maw" in "Ellie Comes to…"
Sunday
rb replied to Deborah R's discussion Andy's Awkwardness with a Cigarette
"i always thought the same too.  i'm sure he was smoker (don too), but sure didn't…"
Sunday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service