iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 24030

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hope it wasn't dry as dust.
Has anybody ever noticed the splash of the rock that Opie's throws in the lake at the opening scene. Goes to the right...instead of away from him. Since an "extra" threw the rock from behind the tree, it makes sense now.

I would bet it was Ernest T Bass that threw that extra rock!

I think I figured out how Earnest T was escaping from jail all the time in 'Earnest T Joins the Army'

When Barney was handing out rehabilitation craft kits to the Gordon boys in the jail back in 'Aunt Bee the Warden" one of em ended up making a pass-key with the metal craft kit.  I bet Earnest T got hold of that key somehow and kept it in his shoe.  

Nice deducing Franklin!

I have always wondered if Aunt Bea had to use a throat spray after talking in that 2nd octave voice!

It could be her voice is just more bell-like than we're accustomed to.

In "The Big House", in "Doc's" first escape, he does not wear his jacket. In his second escape, he puts it on before using the conveniently placed key on the peg, outside the door, to escape. Was there a sudden change in weather?

Did anyone notice that sheriff Taylor and his most capable deputy Barney Fice were breaking the Green River ordnance going door to door trying to sell a cannon.
I see Two Chairs No Waiting is featuring Jeff Pruitt Takes a Wife. In that episode, as Andy and Thelma Lou discuss “citi-fying” Jeff, Andy is cracking and eating nuts out of a bowl. The thing is, he discards the shells back in the bowl. It always kind of bothered me that Andy did that. Are there any thoughts on that? Is that acceptable?

Have not worked one of those nutcrackers in perhaps 30 or 40 years! So I forgot. But I remember as a kid, bowls of nuts with a nutcracker on a table were quite common. My Aunt Emma had one.  I would guess that I did not put the shells back in the bowl. 

In the world I grew up in, it was a common thing to discard the nut shells back into the container.  I witnessed it in several homes I was in.  

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Here’s one..."
16 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Here’s another...."
16 hours ago
"Putting 2 and 2 together, I’d say it’s Goober Takes a Car Apart.  "
16 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"According to the Johnny Cash song, he built the car “One Piece at a Time”."
20 hours ago
Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Mayor, the only thing that comes to mind is the season six episode, 'The Return of Barney…"
Saturday
Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Mayor, the only thing that comes to mind is the season six episode, 'The Return of Barney…"
Saturday
Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Volunteer Fire Company is now OPEN!!!!!
"Hey Darrell! Thanks for your reply and suggestions. Much appreciated. I think once my book is…"
Friday
Darrell Francis replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Volunteer Fire Company is now OPEN!!!!!
"I think one thing would be to post the map of Mayberry and the Mayberry county map. One thing would…"
Friday
Shorty Cox replied to Jillian's discussion How many bullets did Barney have?
"Bullet four: Barney shot the squad car tire after chasing the farmers out of Mayberry that were…"
Wednesday
Mayor Pike replied to Jillian's discussion How many bullets did Barney have?
"Three bullets: Barney shot a hole in his pants at the end of "If I had a Quarter Million"."
Wednesday
Michael replied to Thelscuz's discussion The Worst Ever--Or Anyway In the Bottom Five
"I agree with this.  I loved Warren.  He's no Don Knotts, of course, but his episodes…"
Dec 10
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Here's a new one. Shown below is Johnny Cash in his new car that "didn't cost him a…"
Dec 6

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service