iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 23708

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In The New Doctor episode Barney leaves the courthouse without his gun belt, I don't remeber seeing him in full uniform without the gun belt before. 

In Ellie Saves a Girl the Lucy TV guide is displayed on the top right hand shelf in the drug store, they used this Lucy TV guide in several episodes. 

After all, they were filming at Desilu!

True, seems I read somewhere that it is an old one, something like 1954 or so.  Interesting to me that they saved them and used them over and over. 

I wish I had some of those old props from the show. Of course, no one would believe me when I told them!

Did anyone mention the picture of opera composer Giuseppe Verdi that appears in several episodes during council meetings? The picture looks like it should be a town father or something but nope....it's Verdi. 

I bet he couldn’t sing the light classics like Barney did at the musicalé try-outs. 

Ha. Hilarious. But those selections were over their heads. 

Probably could not sing Acapella either! 

Just saw The Mayberry Band episode, I noticed that there was only a bass drum and one snare drum and yet after the band marches past Mayor Stone and goes into the alley to change uniforms back the drum cadence never stops.  That was some special drumming, lol. 

OK. Here's one I think I need help with....In the episode "Opie's Most Unforgettable Character," Andy, Howard, and Goober are sitting on the bench outside the barbershop and Andy is clearly flattered by the idea that Opie is writing his essay (on the most unforgettable character in his life) about Andy himself. Andy, feeling a bit puffed up by all this, says "I guess I have done a little living in my time." The shot moves to Goober and you hear his voice say "you can say that again" in an odd tone but his lips never move. The way the voice is recorded you can tell that this is a "voice-over" and we are hearing Goober's unexpressed thoughts. I'm ashamed to admit that I never noticed it until today. 

Now...this strikes me as exceedingly odd and raises a few questions.

1) Is there any other instance in which we hear a character's thoughts in this manner?

2) What is up with Goober at this moment? Is the tone meant to convey admiration? Some weird sense of judgment or minor resentment (jealousy perhaps)?

3) I have to admit, it sounds like the latter to me. So then what gives? Is Goober still upset about the Flora incident?

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Floyd's Stunt Doubles in Goober's Contest
"There’s a few more folks! Can you name them?"
10 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Opie's Name
"My theory is that it was suggested by Dub Taylor, the guy who was the mailman and a few other…"
11 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"In the Christian movie, “Finding Normal” they refer to the small town as…"
11 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Catsmeat's discussion Your favorite scene of all time
"I know I have already posted a few, but I must add. The scene with Barney dancing with Big Maude…"
11 hours ago
"Whoops, I see I have already posted a few scenes! Oh well, there are a lot of great ones. Hard to…"
11 hours ago
"I like when Barney and Big Maude dance there way out the door. That's one for sure.  Too…"
11 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Yeah, doors have a way of disappearing or moving around on TAGS.  Andy's back-kitchen…"
12 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion TVLand Finally Breaks Out From The Tired, Worn Out Episodes
"Jim Nabors was still "in the closet" when he was in TAGS, and did not officially come out…"
20 hours ago
Wilson replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion TVLand Finally Breaks Out From The Tired, Worn Out Episodes
"I don't disagree with you, but I have known stars on TV to come out after one of their…"
21 hours ago
Wilson replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Man, you guys really watch some of these episodes very close. I just watch them for their…"
21 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion TVLand Finally Breaks Out From The Tired, Worn Out Episodes
"Homosexuals have always been in the entertainment field, in or out of the closet. I do not see this…"
21 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"As to the water crock, in one episode Barney serves water from a pitcher, "
21 hours ago

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service