iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 22850

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just noticed something that I don't know if anyone else has brought up before. In the first part of episode a deal is a deal, Opie and Johnny Paul are racing to a house to sell their Miracle Salve and they decide to play "rock, paper, scissors" to decide who can have a shot at selling to the lady. Opie clearly has paper and Johnny Paul clearly has scissors. But it's played out as if Opie wins. Am I missing anything here or was that a blunder?

Good catch Tony Bro.

I know I'm nearly four years late on this one (new member), but I believe Opie and Johnny Paul were actually doing "Odds or Evens" - not "Rock, Paper, Scissors" - to make the sales pitch.

Hello! I didn't read through all of these posts, but something I've noticed is there seems to be a couple different Wallys filling stations. One is pretty large, even sporting a couple garage bays, the other one only has two small sheds, one is the "station, the other is shed with carriage type doors on it. Wonder why that is. Does anyone know??

Ever notice how Floyd usually does some funny gesture after someone departs from his company? Like after Barney gives him a cigar and leaves (If I had a Quarter of a Million) Floyd fumbles around with the cigar. He does this in other instances as well. In "Barney's Bloodhound" he places the candy in his pocket, then out, then almost back in, then finally eats it!

I don't know whether you've ever noticed, Michael, but Floyd is a little bit "different."  Speaking ONLY of his mannerisms, of course (tee hee).  What a brilliant actor!  I've often wondered if those bits were scripted for him or if he just came up with them on his own?

I have heard that Floyd was a bit like his character on the show in real life. Very quirky, and I like quirky.

Excellent observation Michael Z!!! And you're right Thelscuz, Howard McNear was an incredible actor and wonderful part of the Mayberry experience!

Truth is that they were all incredible actors. And the attention to very subtle details, coupled with the flawless music accompaniment made this show such a gem. 

I have always wondered why Earle Hagen didn't produce an album of the music used on the show.  To this day it still makes each show just that much more memorable !

That would have been a good album U.T. - - - and Michael Z...you are spot on right about all of the actors and the great music...even down to the little nuances as Andy was sneaking up on Barney, and Opie music as he came strutting down the street, etc.
In the episode "Aunt Bee's Medicine Man" notice in the second scene of Col. Harvey making his pitch for elixir to the two old codgers he holds up a feather and says, "Let me ask you ONE question.. Then he asks, Have you ever seen a fat old worried Indian?" ...followed immediately by another question, "Have you ever known an Indian with ulcers?"

Now that's TWO questions, not one, Colonel Harvey.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Dud replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"There was the time Andy told Hellen how Barney used Count Istvan Teleky (or however you spell it)…"
8 hours ago
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion The Darling Episodes
"Rodney is a nice fellow. I met and talked with him once. He's good people."
8 hours ago
Bobby Fleet replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I'll get you for this deputy. How about when Any was telling Helen how he dropped of the…"
9 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I believe that is the only "recollection" scene in TAGS?  Any others?   "
10 hours ago
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"The part when she is telling the story, the echo is definitely intentional.  When the scene…"
15 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Andy's Dad
"The man seems slim enough to be Don Knott's dad, not Andy's."
15 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Never noticed. Does it seem intentional at all? "
15 hours ago
Larry Grainger replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion The Darling Episodes
"I’m going to see to it that Rodney doesn’t see this page...it might leave him…"
yesterday
Larry Grainger replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Andy's Dad
"Actually the Mayberry history page confirms…"
yesterday
Larry Grainger replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Andy's Dad
"I have heard Allan refer to that on various occasions. "
yesterday
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"This one is small and somewhat insignificant, but interesting nonetheless. In “Andy Saves…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"I remember that episode. Floyd (I mean Andy) gives Wally a shave as prearranged with Wally's…"
Tuesday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service