iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 21611

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know I'm nearly four years late on this one (new member), but I believe Opie and Johnny Paul were actually doing "Odds or Evens" - not "Rock, Paper, Scissors" - to make the sales pitch.

Hello! I didn't read through all of these posts, but something I've noticed is there seems to be a couple different Wallys filling stations. One is pretty large, even sporting a couple garage bays, the other one only has two small sheds, one is the "station, the other is shed with carriage type doors on it. Wonder why that is. Does anyone know??

Ever notice how Floyd usually does some funny gesture after someone departs from his company? Like after Barney gives him a cigar and leaves (If I had a Quarter of a Million) Floyd fumbles around with the cigar. He does this in other instances as well. In "Barney's Bloodhound" he places the candy in his pocket, then out, then almost back in, then finally eats it!

I don't know whether you've ever noticed, Michael, but Floyd is a little bit "different."  Speaking ONLY of his mannerisms, of course (tee hee).  What a brilliant actor!  I've often wondered if those bits were scripted for him or if he just came up with them on his own?

I have heard that Floyd was a bit like his character on the show in real life. Very quirky, and I like quirky.

Excellent observation Michael Z!!! And you're right Thelscuz, Howard McNear was an incredible actor and wonderful part of the Mayberry experience!

Truth is that they were all incredible actors. And the attention to very subtle details, coupled with the flawless music accompaniment made this show such a gem. 

I have always wondered why Earle Hagen didn't produce an album of the music used on the show.  To this day it still makes each show just that much more memorable !

That would have been a good album U.T. - - - and Michael Z...you are spot on right about all of the actors and the great music...even down to the little nuances as Andy was sneaking up on Barney, and Opie music as he came strutting down the street, etc.
In the episode "Aunt Bee's Medicine Man" notice in the second scene of Col. Harvey making his pitch for elixir to the two old codgers he holds up a feather and says, "Let me ask you ONE question.. Then he asks, Have you ever seen a fat old worried Indian?" ...followed immediately by another question, "Have you ever known an Indian with ulcers?"

Now that's TWO questions, not one, Colonel Harvey.
Here is one for you guys. In the episode "Jailbreak" (Season 2 - Episode 18), at approximately 10:20, Barney goes into the back room to change into his mobster persona so he can go under cover in the cell with Doc Malloy. (His name is puddin'-tame). Notice the back room just before he goes in and then take a look at how the wall changes as he exits the room. More changed than Barney!
"You beat everything, Larry, you know that?"

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"FINALLY!!! It was Goober in Season 6: "Look Paw, I'm Dancing!" I didn't think…"
2 hours ago
Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"That O'Malley was a sneaky one. He managed to sneak in a year-and-a-half later in Season 4 as…"
23 hours ago
Rare Nickle replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Have you ever noticed? In the “ convicts at large “ episode, Andy greets Mr…"
23 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"That is definitely trained noticing!"
yesterday
Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Just noticed in the "Barney's Sidecar" episode in season 4 that the two American…"
yesterday
Ralph Henderson replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"All these years both as a TAGS nut and Byrds fan and I never realized that was Clarence…"
Saturday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"In "Mayberry on Record" we see Clarence White playing the guitar in Floyd's Barber…"
Saturday
Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion Say a Word
""Falderal" That's one you don't hear every day!"
Friday
Ralph Henderson replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"That was "Old Aunt Mariah". What a classic! Charlene rebuffed his offer to sing…"
Friday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"Ernest T tuned and played an oil can while singing "Eatin Goober Peas"  "
Friday
Bernie Fife replied to Thelscuz's discussion What If?
"A.  Barney and Thelma Lou got  married, and they lived happily-ever-after (assuming Thel…"
Friday
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"I like how Barney does Santa Maria solo. He gets that mouth open like nobody else could. "
Friday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service