iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 23777

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe even more obvious... the little boy who played Arnold Winkler was in another episode.  He pitched the ball to Opie that he hit into the Rimshaw house.. I'm pretty sure any way.  It might have just been the lighting. 

In Season 3 where "Barney Mends a Broken Heart", Andy states he does not know how to play Bridge when Barney brings over Lydia Crosswait as Andy's blind date. In Season 5 in Goober and the Art of Love, Andy, Helen, Barney, and Thelma Lou are all playing Bridge when Goober brings over Lydia Crosswait. 

Fast learner...just like when Cousin Gloria was "teaching" him how to dance...

In the episode "Stranger in Town"...there appears to be NO WINDOW closest to the jail cells from the inside...BUT, from the outside in that same episode, the window is there and has blinds and everything.  Curious...curious...curious.

That actually occurs the entire first season. By the second season, they evidently could afford the window on the inside set.
Hard to look OUT but easy to look IN with this set-up... Haha

What always bugged me was how Aunt Bee left Opie home alone at night when she joined Andy and Barney at the town dump looking for trashed copies of Opie's newspaper. 

The song played by Jerry Miller, "The Banjo Playing Deputy" was China Town. The same one sung by Aunt Bee played after Col. Harvey sold her some Elixir.

Apparently, the idea of "China Town" was fascinating to the citizens of TAGS.  Remember how Andy would say, of a person who was really dressed up and looking good, "He/she looks good enough to take to China Town."

"China Town, My China Town..."  (notes surrounding and piano bench twirling round)

Aunt Bee also sang it in the episode where she dated the retired congressman.

Have you ever noticed that the squad car always looks dull even though it was brand new?  I read that they sanded the paint to keep the car's finish from reflecting images back into the camera.

I would believe that Dud. I read that you had to wash your white shirts in coffee to dull it up or else it would be to bright. I'm sure there are lots of tricks they used in the film industry through out all the B&W years of movies and TV to balance the contracts of black and white.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Millie did have a wild streak in her. Remember how, when briefly engaged to Howard, wanted to spend…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Here’s a TAGS character cropping up in a strange place....Howard’s girlfriend Millie…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"That would be cooler than chicken dressed in a tuxedo!"
Monday
Loaded Goat replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"I know the old Adventures of Superman with George Reeves used Mayberry. Also episodes of Batman and…"
Monday
Loaded Goat replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Now that is funny."
Monday
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"And the shift lever on the steering column."
Sunday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IyNp_oS1KU If it works, here is a link.  "
Sunday
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
Sunday
Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Floyd's Stunt Doubles in Goober's Contest
"Wow, nice find Dave Cline!!! I never noticed that before, but clearly that was not the real Barney…"
Sunday
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"That wasn't too unusual in the days when almost every car had a bench seat, Dave.  Way…"
Sunday
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Agreed, Wilson.  I enjoyed this conversation at first, but I honestly hate to pick apart my…"
Sunday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"In "Ride Beyond Vengeance" a movie staring Chuck Connors and James MacArthur (among…"
Saturday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service