iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 23777

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think they probably didn't think anyone would be able to actually read the paper on film. The resolution of TV screens in the 60s was quite a bit lower than our HD sets today. They would just be able to recognize that it was a newspaper. Many of the things we're pointing out wouldn't have been noticed on a 60s era TV screen. 

Have you ever noticed-----In the opening of the "Cow Thief" epp, when Barney, Andy, Fletch, and the Mayor are surveying the area, the window in the house in the background has no window panes in the window. It is a  4 pane window frame yet the breeze is moving the curtains in and out the window. 

Good find. Either Fletch was too cheap to replace the glass, or Opie and his friends were playing baseball there recently.

I figured Ernest T. stopped by to deliver a message.

Maybe this has been covered before but I'll go for it. In season 5, The Pageant, Mayberry celebrates its centennial and that means the town was founded in the middle 1860s. However, the pageant portrays a founding that more likely happened at least 200 years previously. The coming together of Nugatuck and Laughing Face is not 19th century in North Carolina...more like 18th century or even earlier. And Otis received an award as a descendent of a Revolutionary War hero. I think there was an earlier episode also that implied a much earlier founding. Sorry if I'm sounding like Goober with a beard but I just had to say.

Closely related to this is the number of years Barney was a deputy. In "Barney's Physical", Season 5, he celebrates 5 years with the "Sheriff's Office". In Season 4, Barney celebrates being sworn in "10 years ago last month".

Sorry if this was already posted!

In "Aunt Bee's Brief Encounter" Henry Wheeler's truck disappears when Andy pulls up but then reappears!

You're a Trained Noticer for sure Mayor!
WATCH CLOSELY ALERT

In the episode "A Fued is a Fuel" take notice...when Andy takes Wakefield's and Carter's shotguns to "check them"...he gives them back to them but switches the guns.

Yeah he does! But you have to pay close attention because he switches the guns 3 times!

Good work Colonel!

Thanks Mayor!
I'm just wondering if there's been a discussion of where the bathrooms were in the Mayberry jail. I'm sure Otis must have often needed one after sucking down all that moonshine.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Millie did have a wild streak in her. Remember how, when briefly engaged to Howard, wanted to spend…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Here’s a TAGS character cropping up in a strange place....Howard’s girlfriend Millie…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"That would be cooler than chicken dressed in a tuxedo!"
Monday
Loaded Goat replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"I know the old Adventures of Superman with George Reeves used Mayberry. Also episodes of Batman and…"
Monday
Loaded Goat replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Now that is funny."
Monday
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"And the shift lever on the steering column."
Sunday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IyNp_oS1KU If it works, here is a link.  "
Sunday
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
Sunday
Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Floyd's Stunt Doubles in Goober's Contest
"Wow, nice find Dave Cline!!! I never noticed that before, but clearly that was not the real Barney…"
Sunday
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"That wasn't too unusual in the days when almost every car had a bench seat, Dave.  Way…"
Sunday
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Agreed, Wilson.  I enjoyed this conversation at first, but I honestly hate to pick apart my…"
Sunday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"In "Ride Beyond Vengeance" a movie staring Chuck Connors and James MacArthur (among…"
Saturday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service