iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 22955

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heard about that mysterious door. I have been working on the front door mail slot that someone reported is not there in every episode. I keep seeing it. Anyone else checking?

Okay, I am no talented noticer like some of you. But in the runaway kid episode, Barney pulls up to Andy's house driving what looks like an old '49 Lincoln. All I know is that Barney never had a car except the one he bought from Murt "Hubcaps" Lesh. That lemon was identified as his first car. 

Speaking of cars, in Quiet Sam Andy gets the call and rushes out to the house in the cruiser, then Barney goes later. How did he get there? 

And speaking of noticing, the Mayberry Band bus zooms away to he capital, and Andy and Barney are in  that bus. So is Floyd, who was as good a deputy sub as he was a trombone player. Not a word was mentioned about who was protecting the township. Fact is, Andy and Barney were away together time and time again. Out of contact at the lake. By the by, they had a police radio in the cruiser in one account plus a base station in the courthouse, yet otherwise Barney bemoaned they had nothing. 

Did Sarah work 24 hours a day? Andy called once and told her he was sorry he woke her up. 

I think Aunt Bee was the emergency back-up, armed with her wooden spoon.  Ouch!

I think in those days, operators slept by the phone, rather at their home or elsewhere. It was like a 24-hour job. Also, If you remember in Quiet Sam, Barney had a possie accompany him out to Sam's and Floyd has a car. Could he have ridden with Floyd?

And they were running the furnace in the summer!

Like Floyd (or was it Calvin Coolidge) says, “Everyone complains about the weather but nobody does anything about it!” I guess running that furnace would be the wrong thing to do!

Just saw an old-fashioned radiator in the jail. That's a vote for steam heat.

I think it was Ellie Runs For Council, but no matter OR does it matter? Did not see the mail slot, it seems it was an entirely different front door.

I’m trying to add a photo for once, so it may not appear.  In the Christmas Story, one can see that the proprietor of the barber shop is Sid Elson.

What was the original barber's name? Great shot of Will Wright here. Thanks, Bernie.

I wonder if that was left over from the 'Gone With the Wind' set.

About street selling. One episode made a fuss about it, the truck farmers who were told to move, no street selling. However, in the Colonel Harvey one, he was never told to get out of town. Of course he had a permit from the county clerk, an option the truck farmers were never given. I won't even bring up Bert Miller (was that his name?) who received all types of sympathy and help selling on the street from Andy. 

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Larry Grainger replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"I'll have a pan of fudge waiting..."
4 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"Okay folks, how about we drop my Larry's . . . ."
5 hours ago
Gary W. Burg posted a discussion

Andy and Barney Doing a Commercial

Usually, Barney gets tricked, but this time HE is the trickster.…See More
5 hours ago
"Yes, got it so far, Dud. But but but are we concluding correctly that two networks that carry TAGS…"
7 hours ago
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"That would be a double answer. First Mr. Harmon said it and then, in his typical style, the fat…"
9 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"That was Bob Rogers as Barney’s Replacement.   Who said, “And, get out of those…"
10 hours ago
Larry Grainger replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"This is why I don't watch TAGS on broadcast TV.  Most of the time I watch on my…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"I found out not long ago that networks bid on a batch of episodes, not the entire collection.…"
yesterday
Alan Neiman is now a member of iMayberry Community
yesterday
"I still maintain both networks are NOT showing a slew of TAGS, color 'sodes aside. The baby…"
Sunday
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"Oh, and how about the one where Opie and his friend find a baby, then go around town asking about…"
Sunday
Shorty Cox replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Same Storefront
"Well after the gossip about Myra Kuntz got out, the lingerie shop had to close.  Fred got a…"
Sunday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service