iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 23218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They even had one to fit Otis when he promised to 'Look like a deppity and act like a deppity'. I think they pretty much had a uniform to fit most everyone. in that back room.

A great line... makes me laugh every time, Dud. 

My wife said the same thing today, Gary... wasn’t he just “Temporary!”

And don’t forget they had an EXTRA one for Ernest T...even though Barney went home in a trench coat that day, he was in uniform the next day. 

And I almost forgot...there was always one for Gomer (although the sleeves were too short.)

Didn't dawn on me until last evening, but the Mayberry sheriff uniforms didn't feature short sleeve shirts, known in the business as "summer uniforms." Even on those "scorcher" days when the freezer conked and Opie was shirtless running around "like a savage," Andy was wearing long sleeves. 

It’s kind of weird to see Andy in short sleeves.  I remember seeming him so in one of the color episodes.  Can anyone point out any specific instances?  (I know he was seen in a bowling shirt in season 8.)

I knew that.  I just took it down a different path.  Sorry!

Did he have a tattoo 'I love Ellie', and didn't want to offend Peggy or any of the other ladies he dated along the way?  Ok, I know that's reaching way out there, but he was in the military (on the program).  I can't imagine either him or Barney wearing short sleeves, even though Barney's family were all muscle, no fat.

I noticed in Man in a Hurry, Mister Tucker is talking to Gomer in front of the fillin station, Gomer was sitting there by one of the pumps. The awning over the fillin station porch has a cover on it, but a minute later when Mister Tucker goes inside and steals the truck the awnings roof is missing. Its just a wooden frame with no roof on it. 

Does this almost imply TAGS was a work under construction? 

This is on tonight on MeTV, Man in a Hurry. 8:00 EDT

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Dr. Pendyke replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Pike was a befuddled, somewhat confused mayor, but at heart he was a nice guy. Stoner was just a…"
4 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"How did such a jerk ever get elected mayor?"
8 hours ago
Dud replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Town Seal
"The only fire I saw on the series was the time Jubal Foster burned down his own barn makin'…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"He was pretentious... an interloper. I've never seen such a clear case of pretentious…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Musta been a popular name back then. I like how the writers named people on the show. All unusual…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"He was a joke cracker."
Friday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"It was Bobby Fleet who remarked how if there was a beauty contest in Mayberry, no one would win."
Thursday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Not sure where this belongs but I was watching an early episode of My Three Sons called The Blind…"
Thursday
Dud replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Try here: Youtube Video"
Oct 16
Cornelia Shields is now a member of iMayberry Community
Oct 15
"Here are two pictures of Sheldon Leonard. One of them shows him as the bartender in that movie."
Oct 15
"Yes, Burt was the cop, played by Ward Bond (Wagon Train), but you have Leonard nailed, cha-ching…"
Oct 15

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service