iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 25431

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Either that or Goober stole the awning canvas to make a sail for his row boat.  Or maybe thats what Opey made a boy scout tent out of, or maybe they used it to cover the girl pisoners cell for privacy when she was changing clothes. 

Man in a Hurry on tonight, MeTV, 8:00 EDT

Keep trying to post this reply. Man in a Hurry is on tonight, MeTV, 8:00 EDT

I watched 'The Christmas Story' yesterday, my favorite episode.  Have you ever noticed that Ben Weaver hauls Sam Muggins into the jailhouse and forces Andy to arrest him for making homemade brew, and that Ben admits he sells spirits in his store--in a dry county??  In quite a few episodes, Andy and Barney are hot on the trail of moonshiners.  The Fun Girls mention a cafe by the county line that makes booze available, as though they sneak it in.  Yes sir, they're both guilty as all get-out!  Lock 'em BOTH up!

But they all fall off the wagon in Season 6 when beer and wine are imbibed in from time to time. Maybe it was that smart guy Frank, episode 2 of Season 6, with his fancy French wine phwee phwee, that led them all astray.

Floyd has a wife named Melba. She props open the cellar door with a gun. Just discovered this in the Quiet Sam episode. But in Season 3 Floyd, that gay deceiver, is on the hunt. Hmmmmm...

Mayberry being Mayberry, I'd rather think that Floyd was widowed by the time he met Madelyn as The Gay Deceiver.  Not that we wanted Melba bumped off, but she probably fell down the celler stairs bringing up the preserves.

By the way, Mayor, as we're sure you'll all agree with, Floyd didn't have a gun, but Melba had a pretty handy walking stick, which is what she propped the cellar door open with. 

Anyone else ever notice that in Ellie for Council in the opening scene when Ellie says, "Apparently you don't think much of women."  Andy says, 'Awwww Eleanor you're taking it personal."  I don't believe I ever heard him call her Eleanor in any other episode. 

Now that you mention it....

Who else ever called her anything but "Ellie?" You just might have uncovered an Andy one-and-done, David.

Ellie and Andy

Attachments:

Thanks so much, Gary.  I have this photo in color, but B&W is how I remember them together.  Love it!

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Anyone for sulfa powdah?  ;-)"
22 hours ago
Bobby Fleet replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Irresistible Andy Barney walks into the drug store while Ellie is chewing out Andy.  She asks…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"I am guessing it is an episode where Barney mentions foot powder? Barney would mention such a thing."
yesterday
Shorty Cox replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"here is one  "
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0512615/ says sulfur powder, but I agree with you."
yesterday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"I’ve always thought it was called sulfa- powder. Not sure they would sprinkle sulfur on open…"
Saturday
"Yes sir-ee!"
Saturday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Yes I agree.  He was a creep of a  Mayor.  Never did like him much. "
Saturday
"Yeah, and Barney was harmonizing, well tryin to, sort of.  Sounded a little twangy.  "
Saturday
"Those Gossipin Me?   "It's my trigger finger, better not lose that. …"
Saturday
"What episode did I just watch? "
Friday
Shorty Cox replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Also, Andy sings it  with Jim Lendsey in "Guitar Player".  "
Thursday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service