iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 24027

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ep: A Black Day for Mayberry

In the chase scene after the Gold Truck leaves with Barney inside...the truck and the squad car pass the same roadside scenes over and over.

I've noticed that one.  The place where the squad car cuts off the gold truck is a spot they just passed several seconds earlier. 

Yes, I've noticed that.  Actually the gold (cold, cold, I did not say GOLD) truck passes that place three times before being stopped by Andy.  Me and Laura Lee Hobbs noticed the action is filmed from three angles.   

You and Laura Lee have keen vision, ever considered a career in law enforcement? But do remember, it's Mayberry, gateway to danger. 

And did you ever. It ice that this is one of the few episode where we experienced rain (fake or real) on the set?
I did watching "Quiet Sam" from Season 1
I didn't ever notice that before

Also, in that episode, Gomer puts the gas nozzle in and it pours into the truck and all over Barney's shoes and pants and when he's out there is no evidence that it happened as his clothes are dry.

And Barney is still conscious! That much gas in a small area would be a bit rough!

Man, you guys really watch some of these episodes very close. I just watch them for their entertainment value, but I also keep in mind that it's only TV, so things will happen for the convenience of the producers. But, I like it that some of you point these differences out, so that the next time I watch the episode, I always look for these differences. It's funny to watch sometimes. It makes me believe that they did not shoot the scene the same day, but had to either shoot it over and over that it ran into another day, or that the producers or director wanted something different. 

Agreed, Wilson.  I enjoyed this conversation at first, but I honestly hate to pick apart my all-time favorite program.  That, after doing it myself for many weeks. 

Something I notice everytime I watch the ep.  In the ep where Otis sues the county for $5,000.  Ole Barn gets the idea to interrogate Otis and record it.  The next day, Andy is playing the recording.  Barney comes in.  Andy plays some of the tape, hits stop, then Andy and Barney talk.  When Andy turns the recorder to play, it is at a different place from when he stopped it. 

Shorty

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Volunteer Fire Company is now OPEN!!!!!
"Hey Darrell! Thanks for your reply and suggestions. Much appreciated. I think once my book is…"
yesterday
Darrell Francis replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Volunteer Fire Company is now OPEN!!!!!
"I think one thing would be to post the map of Mayberry and the Mayberry county map. One thing would…"
yesterday
Shorty Cox replied to Jillian's discussion How many bullets did Barney have?
"Bullet four: Barney shot the squad car tire after chasing the farmers out of Mayberry that were…"
Wednesday
Mayor Pike replied to Jillian's discussion How many bullets did Barney have?
"Three bullets: Barney shot a hole in his pants at the end of "If I had a Quarter Million"."
Wednesday
Michael replied to Thelscuz's discussion The Worst Ever--Or Anyway In the Bottom Five
"I agree with this.  I loved Warren.  He's no Don Knotts, of course, but his episodes…"
Monday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Here's a new one. Shown below is Johnny Cash in his new car that "didn't cost him a…"
Dec 6
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Wedding Bells For Aunt Bee"
Dec 6
Randy Higgins updated their profile
Dec 6
Randy Higgins joined Allan "Floyd" Newsome's group
Thumbnail

Mayberry Squad Car Owners

Owners of replicas of Mayberry Squad Cars now have a place to gather and share their cars with each…See More
Dec 6
Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Fire Department
Dec 6
Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Fire Department
Dec 6
Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Town Seal
Dec 6

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service