iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 25716

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, doors have a way of disappearing or moving around on TAGS.  Andy's back-kitchen door in the color episodes gets shifted over to the other wall, and there's a door in the courthouse between cell 2 and the wall with the big window by the heater and later it disappears too, and Andy is sitting in the bank vault with a pair of handcuffs waiting for that crook to pick the combination lock and he says that they lost the combination  years ago so they had to cut a door in through the back, but later on Barney has to bust his way out of that vault through a wall and into the beauty shop next door so that means the door was not there.  Do I get a nit-picky medal now?    

No, Franklin, a medal of wow. And fun. The frustrating thing is that we people love to complain, but there is virtually no one to complain to anymore. All for naught. Keep it rollin'.

I wouldn't call it complaining; I just call it noticing. 

Now that is funny.

Tonight, I watched the episode that shows Ellie, the pharmacist meeting the new young doctor. Meanwhile, Andy goes behind the counter and gets two bottles of pop out of the cooler; one for Opie and one for Andy. When he opened Opie's bottle, he pored the pop into a glass and guess what? NO FIZZ! Either the pop was flat or that wasn't pop.   

Great catch. No fizz at all!

While watching the "Loaded Goat" ep last night, I had a revelation. (I know, I know, Shorty having a thought is a revelation in itself!) Emphasis was placed on terminating blasting on the underpass because it may set off the dynamite in Jimmy the goat's stomach.  No blasting, smoking, or radio transmissions.  Stoner could not even be smoking a cigar.  Once they got Jimmy out of town thanks to Barney's chapped lips, blasting resumed with no thought to the remaining dynamite in the storage shed.  Just food for thought.  

The loaded Goat has probably Thee funniest and best Otis comin-in drunk scenes. "Uncle Nat!"  

I like the opening scene from 'Dogs, Dogs, Dogs', Franklin, although your choice is great.  Someday I hope I'll find out what 'shoobee shoobee shoobee' means besides a hangover and a pickled liver.  :D

Actually, Franklin, I'm sitting here having some of my corn whiskey, and am feeling pretty good, so I missed the 'comin-in drunk' point.  You're right, that HAS to be Otis's funniest one!

In 'The Bank Job', when Andy and Barney exit the courthouse to check out Gomer on the roof, a small object falls from above and bounces off camera.

In the episode,  “The Governor”... Otis comes in and asks Doran extra pillow or blanket (so he has time to dump his moonshine in the water crock. Barney steps out of the picture toward the back room and IMMEDIATELY you hear a door open and close!  There IS NO Door to the back room.   Makes ya think!

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Mayor and Bobby, you’ve teamed up to get it....that’s the one.  And Andy never…"
yesterday
Bobby Fleet replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Mayor, wasn’t the episode called “The Inspector” where Ralph Case called Andy and…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"You’re certainly heading in the right direction, Mayor."
Wednesday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Now I have it! That state inspector was involved. I know the episode but someone help me with the…"
Wednesday
"No help?  I believe there were two such references but the one I watched was not the finest…"
Wednesday
"Here goes...."
Wednesday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Another hint????"
Wednesday
"No, good guess, but that’s not it."
Tuesday
Shorty Cox replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
""Hot Rod Otis"  He worked as a "gluer" at the furniture factory.  "
Tuesday
"New one.  I think there might be two with this reference, but I know which one I watched.…"
Tuesday
"I need a refresher course in All Star Wrestlers! Now if you had put this picture, I would have…"
Apr 13
Shorty Cox replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Franklin, that is sooo good.  As I said, the term is used in several eps, so I will just tell…"
Apr 13

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service