iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 23706

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I noticed in Man in a Hurry, Mister Tucker is talking to Gomer in front of the fillin station, Gomer was sitting there by one of the pumps. The awning over the fillin station porch has a cover on it, but a minute later when Mister Tucker goes inside and steals the truck the awnings roof is missing. Its just a wooden frame with no roof on it. 

Does this almost imply TAGS was a work under construction? 

This is on tonight on MeTV, Man in a Hurry. 8:00 EDT

Either that or Goober stole the awning canvas to make a sail for his row boat.  Or maybe thats what Opey made a boy scout tent out of, or maybe they used it to cover the girl pisoners cell for privacy when she was changing clothes. 

Man in a Hurry on tonight, MeTV, 8:00 EDT

Keep trying to post this reply. Man in a Hurry is on tonight, MeTV, 8:00 EDT

I watched 'The Christmas Story' yesterday, my favorite episode.  Have you ever noticed that Ben Weaver hauls Sam Muggins into the jailhouse and forces Andy to arrest him for making homemade brew, and that Ben admits he sells spirits in his store--in a dry county??  In quite a few episodes, Andy and Barney are hot on the trail of moonshiners.  The Fun Girls mention a cafe by the county line that makes booze available, as though they sneak it in.  Yes sir, they're both guilty as all get-out!  Lock 'em BOTH up!

But they all fall off the wagon in Season 6 when beer and wine are imbibed in from time to time. Maybe it was that smart guy Frank, episode 2 of Season 6, with his fancy French wine phwee phwee, that led them all astray.

Floyd has a wife named Melba. She props open the cellar door with a gun. Just discovered this in the Quiet Sam episode. But in Season 3 Floyd, that gay deceiver, is on the hunt. Hmmmmm...

Mayberry being Mayberry, I'd rather think that Floyd was widowed by the time he met Madelyn as The Gay Deceiver.  Not that we wanted Melba bumped off, but she probably fell down the celler stairs bringing up the preserves.

By the way, Mayor, as we're sure you'll all agree with, Floyd didn't have a gun, but Melba had a pretty handy walking stick, which is what she propped the cellar door open with. 

Anyone else ever notice that in Ellie for Council in the opening scene when Ellie says, "Apparently you don't think much of women."  Andy says, 'Awwww Eleanor you're taking it personal."  I don't believe I ever heard him call her Eleanor in any other episode. 

Now that you mention it....

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Floyd's Stunt Doubles in Goober's Contest
"There’s a few more folks! Can you name them?"
4 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Opie's Name
"My theory is that it was suggested by Dub Taylor, the guy who was the mailman and a few other…"
4 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"In the Christian movie, “Finding Normal” they refer to the small town as…"
4 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Catsmeat's discussion Your favorite scene of all time
"I know I have already posted a few, but I must add. The scene with Barney dancing with Big Maude…"
5 hours ago
"Whoops, I see I have already posted a few scenes! Oh well, there are a lot of great ones. Hard to…"
5 hours ago
"I like when Barney and Big Maude dance there way out the door. That's one for sure.  Too…"
5 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Yeah, doors have a way of disappearing or moving around on TAGS.  Andy's back-kitchen…"
5 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion TVLand Finally Breaks Out From The Tired, Worn Out Episodes
"Jim Nabors was still "in the closet" when he was in TAGS, and did not officially come out…"
14 hours ago
Wilson replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion TVLand Finally Breaks Out From The Tired, Worn Out Episodes
"I don't disagree with you, but I have known stars on TV to come out after one of their…"
14 hours ago
Wilson replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Man, you guys really watch some of these episodes very close. I just watch them for their…"
15 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion TVLand Finally Breaks Out From The Tired, Worn Out Episodes
"Homosexuals have always been in the entertainment field, in or out of the closet. I do not see this…"
15 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"As to the water crock, in one episode Barney serves water from a pitcher, "
15 hours ago

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service