iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 25716

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Also, in that episode, Gomer puts the gas nozzle in and it pours into the truck and all over Barney's shoes and pants and when he's out there is no evidence that it happened as his clothes are dry.

And Barney is still conscious! That much gas in a small area would be a bit rough!

Man, you guys really watch some of these episodes very close. I just watch them for their entertainment value, but I also keep in mind that it's only TV, so things will happen for the convenience of the producers. But, I like it that some of you point these differences out, so that the next time I watch the episode, I always look for these differences. It's funny to watch sometimes. It makes me believe that they did not shoot the scene the same day, but had to either shoot it over and over that it ran into another day, or that the producers or director wanted something different. 

Agreed, Wilson.  I enjoyed this conversation at first, but I honestly hate to pick apart my all-time favorite program.  That, after doing it myself for many weeks. 

Something I notice everytime I watch the ep.  In the ep where Otis sues the county for $5,000.  Ole Barn gets the idea to interrogate Otis and record it.  The next day, Andy is playing the recording.  Barney comes in.  Andy plays some of the tape, hits stop, then Andy and Barney talk.  When Andy turns the recorder to play, it is at a different place from when he stopped it. 

Shorty

That was mighty curious Shorty!

They had some sophisticated electronics. They had tiny walkie-talkies that would automatically listen and then allow one to speak when stuffed under the collar of a large shaggy dog. (Man's Best Friend).

Have you noticed that when one enters the front door of the Courthouse, to the left in the corner of the room sometimes there is a heater in the corner, and other times there is a door. 

Ever notice in some car scenes when they are getting in or out of the car the person will slide across the seat using the passenger door instead of using the drivers door.

Yep. I think that's because of the way they filmed the show with just one camera...it made it easier to keep the camera in one place and have the actors come to the camera, rather than the camera having to "chase" the actors.

That's what I thought to ColHarv. Also some scenes where 2 actors are in the front seat you'll notice they sit close together for a tighter shot. (A 2-shot)

That wasn't too unusual in the days when almost every car had a bench seat, Dave.  Way better than bucket seats, imho.  With a bench seat, your girl could sit right next to you.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Mayor and Bobby, you’ve teamed up to get it....that’s the one.  And Andy never…"
yesterday
Bobby Fleet replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Mayor, wasn’t the episode called “The Inspector” where Ralph Case called Andy and…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"You’re certainly heading in the right direction, Mayor."
Wednesday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Now I have it! That state inspector was involved. I know the episode but someone help me with the…"
Wednesday
"No help?  I believe there were two such references but the one I watched was not the finest…"
Wednesday
"Here goes...."
Wednesday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Another hint????"
Wednesday
"No, good guess, but that’s not it."
Tuesday
Shorty Cox replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
""Hot Rod Otis"  He worked as a "gluer" at the furniture factory.  "
Tuesday
"New one.  I think there might be two with this reference, but I know which one I watched.…"
Tuesday
"I need a refresher course in All Star Wrestlers! Now if you had put this picture, I would have…"
Apr 13
Shorty Cox replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Franklin, that is sooo good.  As I said, the term is used in several eps, so I will just tell…"
Apr 13

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service