iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 24896

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, Jubal, I am familiar with Greene County, Pennsylvania, but there were red dog rods there, and main roads were paved. They say 10% of Americans still have no telephones to this very day. I have trouble picturing the bus traveling on dirt roads. No matter what state, before the interstate highway system, there were still two-lane state routes. I defer to you, Jubal, although I'd never trust you with matches nor corn squeezin's.

By the by, yes, there was a dirty coal furnace in the basement in ONE episode, but otherwise usually a big gas heater setting by the cells. The mayor's second floor office may have been chilly.

True. In “The Luck of Newton Monroe”... Newton was cleaning g the furnace in the basement. In another episode Andy used the gas heater to get Gomer to save his life and stop the favors. 

Good catch Gary W. Burg. 

Sharp eyes, Gary and Colonel Harvey. 

By the way, Colonel....can you bottle up some 'medicine' I just made?   hehehe

Can I get it at “cost” for my Elixir? Haha

Not sure what red dog rods are, Gary, but thanks for the reply.  Good thing they got the loaded goat out of the jail before he removed the Mayor's office from upstairs, hey?  And the two heaters!  That furnace smoked like my barn did when those bothersome brats burned.....erm....when the barn accidentally burned to the ground.

Red dog is like red-colored shale, shaved stone.

https://www.farmanddairy.com/columns/red-dog-covered-back-roads-60-...

In Crime-Free Mayberry when the last set of "tourist from the bus" at the end of the show, Tom Jacobs is one of the tourist, he is wearing horn rimmed glasses, I believe this in the only time Tom appeared on TAGS wearing glasses. 

Have spotted Tom variously, bit parts, just walking, not talking, or lost in the crowd. Thanks, Dave, for bringing him up.

Has anyone ever noticed a window with Jail Bars in the “Back Room” of the courthouse?  It does show from the outside.

Have to say I have rarely seen the back room, and from that picture cannot quite figure out what it is or why it is there.

This is the room Barney routinely used to interrogate Otis. Also, Barney used the room when he would extract information with hypnosis, ink blot tests, and tests using modern electronal equipment. 

This is more like never thought of it before. In one episode Ben Weaver has an elephant about selling on the street, directly implying it's against Mayberry law. Yet in another, Colonel Harvey sets up shop on the street, and all he needed was a license. Of course, Newton Munroe also was on the street, and all he had to do was prove his merchandise wasn't stolen.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"The lucky letter?"
5 hours ago
rb replied to rb's discussion gettysburg address 1965
"i would have said this 1965 tv special, but this review clearly says it’s not from here.…"
18 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"The shape is a horseshoe, yes."
19 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"What is this object? A horse shoe?"
20 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to rb's discussion gettysburg address 1965
"That was great...thanks for posting.  Is that from a tv special?"
20 hours ago
rb posted a discussion

gettysburg address 1965

sorry if this has already been posted.  i've never seen this version.  …See More
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"New one"
yesterday
Donna Greer updated their profile
yesterday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"I wonder what the story is behind that.  They obviously put that TV Guide back there with her…"
Thursday
Bobby Fleet replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Gotcha!  I thought it may have been the vegamite bottle.  I do recall something about…"
Thursday
"You got it Bobby,  Lucy is on the wall of the drug store.   "
Thursday
Bobby Fleet replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"So this is interesting if I'm understanding correctly.  A prop from a famous Lucy episode…"
Thursday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service