iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 25716

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have spotted Tom variously, bit parts, just walking, not talking, or lost in the crowd. Thanks, Dave, for bringing him up.

Has anyone ever noticed a window with Jail Bars in the “Back Room” of the courthouse?  It does show from the outside.

Have to say I have rarely seen the back room, and from that picture cannot quite figure out what it is or why it is there.

This is the room Barney routinely used to interrogate Otis. Also, Barney used the room when he would extract information with hypnosis, ink blot tests, and tests using modern electronal equipment. 

This is more like never thought of it before. In one episode Ben Weaver has an elephant about selling on the street, directly implying it's against Mayberry law. Yet in another, Colonel Harvey sets up shop on the street, and all he needed was a license. Of course, Newton Munroe also was on the street, and all he had to do was prove his merchandise wasn't stolen.

I noticed today on The Big House that when Barney takes Andy outside to show him that he has Gomer 'manning the blockhouse lookout' , when they came out the back door of the courthouse a small piece of white plaster or something fell off the wall and landed on the sidewalk in front of them.  

I was watching TV Or Not TV yesterday.  When Deputy Fise comes into the courthouse with his shotgun and strapped cap, he returns the shotgun to the locked gun rack by simply sliding it back in.  Maybe I’m missing something, but if one can slide a gun in, wouldn’t one be able to slide a gun out, even with the lock bar?

I watched it here, Bernie,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjh5bGJ4btk

Does seem you're correct although Miss Blake is standing in the way for a clear look.

I'm gonna go take a look at that.   

I  noticed in another ep that when Earnest T. throws a rock through Mrs Whiley's window it looks like it's made out of paper and they added sound effects for breaking glass.  They never do fix the window, you can see it later when Andy and Barney drag ETB out of the house,  and it's blowing in the breeze. 

You get an A + Franklin. Makes sense.

In My Fair Ernest T. Bass, after Andy transforms Ernest T into the Count of Monte Cristo, Barney drives the squad car over to Andy’s house to give him and Ernest T a ride to Mrs. Wiley’s party. After seeing Ernest T all dressed up, Barney says that he’d love to be a wall at Mrs. Wiley’s house to watch what happens. Andy replies, “Why don’t you go home and change and meet us there?” Barney agrees and, we assume, drives the squad car back to Mrs. Mendelbright’s to change from his uniform to the old salt and pepper. Wait.......didn’t he drive over to Andy’s to give them a ride to the party. How will they get there now? (They could just walk. Doesn’t Mrs. Wiley live right down the street? Or next door?)

Seems it will always be a mystery how people got around. Is the cruiser the only car Andy has? The only car Barney has? Not everyone has their own car in the 1960s, BUT let's say at least each family has a car. Thelma Lou has none, right? One of the nurses has a convertible. In later episodes which do not seem to be broadcast anymore, Aunt Bea gets driving lessons with whose car? Andy's rich girlfriend has a new car gifted to her, Several men of the township have cars that pile up in Andy's driveway for Gomer to work on. Face it, we cannot keep track without a scorecard. Ernest T. must walk to town if he lives in the mountains. Even the town drunk had a car for a day or so. Don't forget the rich man who lived in a cabin, no car---he took the bus to DEEEtroit.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Mayor and Bobby, you’ve teamed up to get it....that’s the one.  And Andy never…"
20 hours ago
Bobby Fleet replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Mayor, wasn’t the episode called “The Inspector” where Ralph Case called Andy and…"
21 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"You’re certainly heading in the right direction, Mayor."
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Now I have it! That state inspector was involved. I know the episode but someone help me with the…"
yesterday
"No help?  I believe there were two such references but the one I watched was not the finest…"
yesterday
"Here goes...."
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Another hint????"
yesterday
"No, good guess, but that’s not it."
Tuesday
Shorty Cox replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
""Hot Rod Otis"  He worked as a "gluer" at the furniture factory.  "
Tuesday
"New one.  I think there might be two with this reference, but I know which one I watched.…"
Tuesday
"I need a refresher course in All Star Wrestlers! Now if you had put this picture, I would have…"
Saturday
Shorty Cox replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Franklin, that is sooo good.  As I said, the term is used in several eps, so I will just tell…"
Saturday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service