iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 26681

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ordering a gold forehead star for you, Mark.

In a lot of episodes when there's a scene in town and extras are walking around in the background the same ones will suddenly re-appear walking in another direction. 

There is also random horn honking in the background, as if there is traffic in Mayberry!

In "Mountain Wedding" S-3/EP-31 Ernest T Bass "Writes" a note & wraps it around a rock, and heaves it through the "Darling's" Window while trying to court Charlene Darling. However 2 seasons later in S-5/EP-4 "The education of Ernest T Bass" we see that Ernest cannot read or write as he tries to learn so he can get a girl!

Think he had his mother figure come up in the hills helpin' him write the note?

Have you ever noticed that the "Mail Slot" wasn't in the door of the Courthouse in the early episodes. 

There was one episode where Barney went to the post office to pick up the mail. There were at least two others that featured a mailman delivering the mail, and in one he he refused to hand the mail to Andy, telling him he wasn't a certified U.S. mail receptacle.

You are SOOOO right Gary W. Burg!

Watching "A Medal for Opie" and noticed that when Barney fires his pistol in the sheriff's office that he completely lowered his right arm all the way to his side.  The scene cuts to Andy extending his hand for the pistol and then when they show Barney again his forearm is parallel to the floor not all the way down by his side.  Another continuity error. 

Same episode - when Andy and Aunt Bee come home from the race, and Opie is moping on the couch, there are a few items on the end table next to the couch including a small chest in the rear.  When they switch to the closeups of Opie you should be able to see that small chest but don't.  Might not even be the same table based on the color.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"In the episode “A Girl for Goober,” the door knob is on the right side of the door from…"
4 minutes ago
Shorty Cox replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Susan Oliver
"I have to say, just look at the possible "love interest" candidates the powers had to…"
28 minutes ago
Shorty Cox replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"The dog that wanted to drive when Barney was taking them out in the country.  Barney had to…"
35 minutes ago
Shorty Cox replied to Shorty Cox's discussion Un-seen Mayberry Citizens
"Johnny Paul Jason, Opie's source of all things wise.  What is it we all do yet, Johnny…"
1 hour ago
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"When Sam Muggins gets caught making some bathtub brew to liven up Christmas, and Ben Weaver wants…"
2 hours ago
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"How about in "Dogs, Dogs, Dogs", when Andy, Barney, and Opie are walking back to the…"
2 hours ago
Bernie Fife liked Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
7 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"The episode I watched was "Barney's Side Car", but I am impressed with your…"
8 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Ha ha good one! Gomer shoulda stuck a real live feasant in there. That would have gone over real…"
8 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Well I laughed real loud when I saw that picture. Just a big beaver face. Maybe it was from that…"
8 hours ago
Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
""She's suffered so long with those long teeth.""
9 hours ago
Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"One of my favorite GP eps. Gomer even found some wild tobacco plants and made the Sarge a couple…"
9 hours ago

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service