iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 27852

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Andy starts a lot of his sentences with an exaggerated "Uhhh..." Haven't seen Barn do that, but he does talk to himself in single shot scenes.
Check the background of the episode "Opie's Newspaper" and notice the cereal boxes. Cheerios by General Mills (General Foods back then) AND a box of Frosted Flakes...oddly enough, a Kellogg's product. The odd thing is - General Foods was one of the show sponsors, not Kellogg's. Makes ya' think! Click the file attached to see the scene.
Attachments:

Good catch, Col.  And according to that photo it's "hot off the presses."

General Mills and General Foods were separate companies. General Foods was merged into Kraft Foods in 1980. General Foods was the maker of, among other things, Post cereals. It began as the Postum Cereal Company in 1895.

Never noticed this before.

Funny Keevy!!!

OMG, Keevy!  This is BIG, I mean REAL BIG!!  If only Barney would turn around....

I wish Gomer would turn around. LOL just imagining his reaction...and Barney's too!

Shazam!

Did you ever notice how much music goes on in Mayberry? The Darling Family, Barney singing off-key, Rafe Hollister and Gomer with beautiful voices, Andy and Barney often harmonizing, Jim Lindsey,the church choir, the church congregation, Aunt Bee's "Chinatown", Clara's organ, Clara and Aunt Bee's "My Hometown", Keevy Hazelton, Opie's band, tryouts for the shoe salesman, Barney's harmonica, informal group singing with Andy on guitar,the Barbershop quartet, Andy and Opie singing together, making of the record.

By the way, Barney can sing just fine. It's Opie who can't sing a lick.

Don't forget the Mayberry Band, and their "standby" cymbalist.

Has anyone ever noticed how many different cars end up with the same liciense tag number?
See if you can spot a few over the next week of so as you watch. Some common ones to look out for:
DC-269
AY-321
RD-757

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

stephen j goldin is now a member of iMayberry Community
5 hours ago
Phil Sunkel replied to Phil Sunkel's discussion Multiple Personalities
"I must correct my own statement here - Mayor’s Pike daughter was Josephine in The Beauty…"
5 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Phil Sunkel's discussion Multiple Personalities
"Bull?"
11 hours ago
George's TV Repair replied to Phil Sunkel's discussion Multiple Personalities
"Bull!  If you watch one of the next few episodes, you will see that they did get one of…"
18 hours ago
"I was always so surprised Barney didn’t recognize this crook the second time around! "
yesterday
"Also, very good catch on Gil, Keev. That is a pretty minor part I had forgotten that one. "
yesterday
"You’re right! He was the one who “never gets to move.”  “I move we use…"
yesterday
"Bingo!!! And this is a tough one, because Daphne (“Hello doll!”) looks NOTHING like…"
yesterday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service