iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 25338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a door going outside, but you are right, no reason to hear a door.

While back on this topic of noticing. In Barney Buys a Car, they are taking it back to Mt. Pilot on a dirt road. It's the '60s, mind you all, and Mt. Pilot is "the big city." A dirt road ???

About the courthouse 'back room'....

We never saw a bathroom in the courthouse, but common sense tells us there HAD to be one back there.  (We never saw an outhouse.)  The back door was there, like Gary said.  We saw it when Gomer was on the roof as a lookout, when Andy and Barney exited out it.  Maybe there was a small closet with a door, Colonel Harvey; that could explain the closing door after Otis emptied his moonshine into the cooler.  Thing is, we don't know every inch of the courthouse.  We never saw the basement either, but Don Rickles did, when he was cleaning the furnace.  LOL!

By the way, Gary, it was the 1960s, but in rural North Carolina, lots of roads were still dirt roads.  Great observation though, thanks!

Yes, Jubal, I am familiar with Greene County, Pennsylvania, but there were red dog rods there, and main roads were paved. They say 10% of Americans still have no telephones to this very day. I have trouble picturing the bus traveling on dirt roads. No matter what state, before the interstate highway system, there were still two-lane state routes. I defer to you, Jubal, although I'd never trust you with matches nor corn squeezin's.

By the by, yes, there was a dirty coal furnace in the basement in ONE episode, but otherwise usually a big gas heater setting by the cells. The mayor's second floor office may have been chilly.

True. In “The Luck of Newton Monroe”... Newton was cleaning g the furnace in the basement. In another episode Andy used the gas heater to get Gomer to save his life and stop the favors. 

Good catch Gary W. Burg. 

Sharp eyes, Gary and Colonel Harvey. 

By the way, Colonel....can you bottle up some 'medicine' I just made?   hehehe

Can I get it at “cost” for my Elixir? Haha

Not sure what red dog rods are, Gary, but thanks for the reply.  Good thing they got the loaded goat out of the jail before he removed the Mayor's office from upstairs, hey?  And the two heaters!  That furnace smoked like my barn did when those bothersome brats burned.....erm....when the barn accidentally burned to the ground.

Red dog is like red-colored shale, shaved stone.

https://www.farmanddairy.com/columns/red-dog-covered-back-roads-60-...

In Crime-Free Mayberry when the last set of "tourist from the bus" at the end of the show, Tom Jacobs is one of the tourist, he is wearing horn rimmed glasses, I believe this in the only time Tom appeared on TAGS wearing glasses. 

Have spotted Tom variously, bit parts, just walking, not talking, or lost in the crowd. Thanks, Dave, for bringing him up.

Has anyone ever noticed a window with Jail Bars in the “Back Room” of the courthouse?  It does show from the outside.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Perhaps the episode where Mayor Stoner was at his worst."
35 minutes ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Yeah, I have a heck of a time navigating around this thing sometimes trying to find where I posted…"
13 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"That's it Shorty.  I was just talking about that episode recently and just by coincidence…"
13 hours ago
Shorty Cox replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Rafe Hollister sings it at the musicale"
13 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Yep. The secret FBI handshake, and it was the same guy who played a would-be bank robber in The…"
16 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"You got it Shorty. Every law officer ought to know the FBI handshake!"
19 hours ago
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Schizophreniacs did it."
20 hours ago
Shorty Cox replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"If I have a quarter million"
yesterday
Mayor Pike liked ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
yesterday
Mayor Pike liked Bobby Fleet's discussion Wrong Way Fife
yesterday
Mayor Pike liked Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"OK, time for another! What episode did I just watch?"
yesterday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service