iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 18005

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe Goober gave him some "schoolin"...Nobody knows cars and engines like Goober.

Ya, back then he was just working there part time, and was studying to be a Doctor. Calling Doctor Moe, Larry, Curly....and Gomer.

Remember in the episode when Aunt B bought all that meat and the old freezer broke down, he seemed to have no mechanical ability at all then either. Opie had to clue him to unplug it before messing with it.

haha that's funny! Dr Moe Larry Curly, and Gomer. 

Check over Mr.Mason's shoulder.
Attachments:

The actor in this picture was the first Ward Cleaver.

He's a cannon dealer now.

Wow, missed that.

I like looking for things in each episode that I never noticed before.  For me it makes watching the show (over and over ad infinitum) more interesting.  Here are a few I found:

In some episodes the water crock in the jail is missing

In at least two episodes the coffee pot in the back room of the jail doesn't have a lid.  They use a saucer plate to cover it.

When a local is in the jail the keys are left on the peg between the cells.  When someone from out of town is locked up the keys are put in the desk drawer (except for the time Barney forgot in S3:E32 "The Bighouse").

Although Walker's Drug Store sells pipe tobacco, no business in Mayberry sells cigarettes,  cigars or snuff even though they are often used or mentioned in the show.  Maybe Andy and Mr. Goss buy their smokes in Mt. Pilot.

When Frankie Flint goes to the drug store to get  some tobacco for her pa, she doesn't specify pipe tobacco or

snuff. I always thought it was snuff.

Correction: Frankie Flint asks for chawin' tobacco for her pa in Walker's drugstore.

Ep: The Loaded Goat

When Barney goes into the shed where Jimmy the Goat was eating Dynamite, it is very dark, causing Barney to have to light a match...part of the comedy of the scene. But when Jimmy was in a few minutes earlier, the place is well lit

It was probably just the lightin'

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Profile IconMatt Hurley, Steve Stanchfield and Fred Plummer joined iMayberry Community
8 minutes ago
Thelscuz replied to Thelscuz's discussion Music Hath Charms to Sooth the Savage...
"I always thought it was touching the way Miss Poultice held her head high despite having a twin…"
yesterday
Thelscuz replied to Larry Grainger's discussion Mayberry Christmas Show
"Got it marked in red!  Looking forward to it:)"
Thursday
Larry Grainger posted a discussion

Mayberry Christmas Show

Save the date! The Mayberry Christmas Show returns to Mt Juliet, TN on December 9th. Rodney…See More
Thursday
Larry Grainger replied to Michael's discussion Dinner At Eight
"I agree. The funniest color episode, in my opinion, and it rivals some of the black and white…"
Thursday
Scott Paul replied to Michael's discussion Dinner At Eight
"LOL I know and I loved the look he gave Goober and Goober's expression."
Thursday
Larry Grainger replied to Michael's discussion Dinner At Eight
"Still, my favorite line...Andy: (to Goober) I'm going over to Helen's to eat my third…"
Thursday
Donna Sanders posted a discussion

Crazy Messages

Dear Mayberry Friends,I was trying to email my co-worker about a job and somehow it got in to the…See More
Thursday
Mayor Pike replied to Thelscuz's discussion Music Hath Charms to Sooth the Savage...
"Me they me they me they . . . "
Thursday
Mayor Pike replied to Thelscuz's discussion Music Hath Charms to Sooth the Savage...
"A special thanks needs to go out out to Miss Poultice. Where would the singing talent such as…"
Thursday
Bernie Fife replied to Thelscuz's discussion Music Hath Charms to Sooth the Savage...
"Barney singing 'Nita, Juanita over the phone was always special. I just found out that it was…"
Wednesday
Scott Paul replied to Rusty Boden's discussion Ronda Jeter --Sharon Porter, Karen Burgess et al
"I collect TAGS autographs and have tried for years to find her. She likely got married so that…"
Wednesday

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service