iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 17426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe Goober gave him some "schoolin"...Nobody knows cars and engines like Goober.

Ya, back then he was just working there part time, and was studying to be a Doctor. Calling Doctor Moe, Larry, Curly....and Gomer.

Remember in the episode when Aunt B bought all that meat and the old freezer broke down, he seemed to have no mechanical ability at all then either. Opie had to clue him to unplug it before messing with it.

haha that's funny! Dr Moe Larry Curly, and Gomer. 

Check over Mr.Mason's shoulder.
Attachments:

The actor in this picture was the first Ward Cleaver.

He's a cannon dealer now.

Wow, missed that.

I like looking for things in each episode that I never noticed before.  For me it makes watching the show (over and over ad infinitum) more interesting.  Here are a few I found:

In some episodes the water crock in the jail is missing

In at least two episodes the coffee pot in the back room of the jail doesn't have a lid.  They use a saucer plate to cover it.

When a local is in the jail the keys are left on the peg between the cells.  When someone from out of town is locked up the keys are put in the desk drawer (except for the time Barney forgot in S3:E32 "The Bighouse").

Although Walker's Drug Store sells pipe tobacco, no business in Mayberry sells cigarettes,  cigars or snuff even though they are often used or mentioned in the show.  Maybe Andy and Mr. Goss buy their smokes in Mt. Pilot.

When Frankie Flint goes to the drug store to get  some tobacco for her pa, she doesn't specify pipe tobacco or

snuff. I always thought it was snuff.

Correction: Frankie Flint asks for chawin' tobacco for her pa in Walker's drugstore.

Ep: The Loaded Goat

When Barney goes into the shed where Jimmy the Goat was eating Dynamite, it is very dark, causing Barney to have to light a match...part of the comedy of the scene. But when Jimmy was in a few minutes earlier, the place is well lit

It was probably just the lightin'

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Cool. When I was teaching, I used to stop the lines and initiate "trouble checks" when my…"
Sunday
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Thelscuz's discussion What Would You Miss Most?
"We know the court house is the center stage of the show, but I would certainly miss Aunt…"
Saturday
Thelscuz posted a discussion

What Would You Miss Most?

Most of us love everything about TAGS.  But let's focus on what each one of us would miss MOST if…See More
Saturday
LaysOnMyChest replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Thank you kindly.  I'm a school teacher, and I watch TAGS nearly every day during my…"
Thursday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
""It's kind of a clep, clep, clep sound"  Who said that?"
Thursday
Shawna Miller is now a member of iMayberry Community
Thursday
LaysOnMyChest replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I'm a little proud of myself for my first post; I read through all the posts, and I…"
Thursday
Michael replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Helen said that. Lol!!"
Wednesday
Darrell Francis posted a status
"Well I am watching the old Emergency TV series at the moment."
Wednesday
ColHarV liked ColHarV's blog post Getting My Dose of Mayberry
Wednesday
Profile IconTeresa Macopson, Rex West, LaysOnMyChest and 2 more joined iMayberry Community
Wednesday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Adam D.'s discussion Mayberry Here & There
"I saw Suzan Oliver; Prisoner of Love,  on Star Trek.  She was a green dancing girl."
Wednesday

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service