iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 23758

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Has anybody ever noticed the splash of the rock that Opie's throws in the lake at the opening scene. Goes to the right...instead of away from him. Since an "extra" threw the rock from behind the tree, it makes sense now.

I would bet it was Ernest T Bass that threw that extra rock!

I think I figured out how Earnest T was escaping from jail all the time in 'Earnest T Joins the Army'

When Barney was handing out rehabilitation craft kits to the Gordon boys in the jail back in 'Aunt Bee the Warden" one of em ended up making a pass-key with the metal craft kit.  I bet Earnest T got hold of that key somehow and kept it in his shoe.  

Nice deducing Franklin!

I have always wondered if Aunt Bea had to use a throat spray after talking in that 2nd octave voice!

It could be her voice is just more bell-like than we're accustomed to.

In "The Big House", in "Doc's" first escape, he does not wear his jacket. In his second escape, he puts it on before using the conveniently placed key on the peg, outside the door, to escape. Was there a sudden change in weather?

Did anyone notice that sheriff Taylor and his most capable deputy Barney Fice were breaking the Green River ordnance going door to door trying to sell a cannon.
I see Two Chairs No Waiting is featuring Jeff Pruitt Takes a Wife. In that episode, as Andy and Thelma Lou discuss “citi-fying” Jeff, Andy is cracking and eating nuts out of a bowl. The thing is, he discards the shells back in the bowl. It always kind of bothered me that Andy did that. Are there any thoughts on that? Is that acceptable?

Have not worked one of those nutcrackers in perhaps 30 or 40 years! So I forgot. But I remember as a kid, bowls of nuts with a nutcracker on a table were quite common. My Aunt Emma had one.  I would guess that I did not put the shells back in the bowl. 

In the world I grew up in, it was a common thing to discard the nut shells back into the container.  I witnessed it in several homes I was in.  

Ditto!  When the bowl was almost empty(sic), it was hard to find a nut.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"And the shift lever on the steering column."
18 hours ago
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IyNp_oS1KU If it works, here is a link.  "
18 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
20 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Floyd's Stunt Doubles in Goober's Contest
"Wow, nice find Dave Cline!!! I never noticed that before, but clearly that was not the real Barney…"
20 hours ago
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"That wasn't too unusual in the days when almost every car had a bench seat, Dave.  Way…"
yesterday
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Agreed, Wilson.  I enjoyed this conversation at first, but I honestly hate to pick apart my…"
yesterday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"In "Ride Beyond Vengeance" a movie staring Chuck Connors and James MacArthur (among…"
yesterday
Dave Cline replied to John Lane's discussion Floyd's Stunt Doubles in Goober's Contest
"Jerry Brutsche is Barneys stunt double in "Barneys Sidecar" and Luther's in…"
yesterday
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"No, Franklin, a medal of wow. And fun. The frustrating thing is that we people love to complain,…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Floyd's Stunt Doubles in Goober's Contest
"There’s a few more folks! Can you name them?"
Saturday
Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Opie's Name
"My theory is that it was suggested by Dub Taylor, the guy who was the mailman and a few other…"
Saturday
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"In the Christian movie, “Finding Normal” they refer to the small town as…"
Saturday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service