iMayberry Community

Hello iMayberry Community - I have a question I need you to answer.

Hey Mayberry fan,

My name is Allan Newsome and I'm the "owner/maintainer/etc" of the iMayberry Community.   Over the years since this site started, the actual host ( a service called "Ning") has upgraded their services from version 2.0 (which we use here at iMayberry Community) to their latest version which is Ning 3.0.

They have been pushing communities like ours to move to Version 3.0 in order to receive an updated version of the site that will work better because it is updated and modern.  The iMayberry Community site was created in December 2011 and a LOT has changed on the internet in the almost 8 years since.  Use of "mobile" devices (phones) is now a major part of using sites like this one and honestly it doesn't work well on a phone/tablet.

There are several things that moving to Ning 3.0 *should* give us BUT the problem is the price per year basically doubles going from ~$280 per/year to ~$600 per/year. 

I hate to do this but if you enjoy the iMayberry Community and want it to survive and continue to grow, I'm going to need help paying for the cost.   I really can't afford to do this without the help of the community.  

There are currently 1130 members of the iMayberry Community but only 130 have logged in 2019 and 232 if I go back to 2018.  I need everyone, active and non-active alike, to agree to help pay for the cost of the community.  

I need to hear from you all.   Do you want to keep this site going or should we give up and close the doors? 

I'm broadcasting this to you and I'll create a "Forum" entry with this same topic.  I'd love to hear from you with your thoughts and, if you want to keep things going, a pledge of financial support.

Let's hear your thoughts because we're all in this manhunt together.

Sincerely,

Allan "Floyd" Newsome

Views: 852

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You have to watch Frank, he’s libel to pledge confederate currency.

Here's the latest update:

5 days have passed since I asked for the help from the community to pay our yearly expense for iMayberry Community.  We have all pulled together in that time and as of this moment you have contributed $532.78 toward our $600 goal!  

We are so close to the goal and I can't thank you enough. 

What this means is that after Mayberry Days, I will begin working on the "upgraded" version of this site and we'll get the benefit of the upgrade.  Following the upgrade we can have up to 10,000 members of the iMayberry Community (I don't expect to ever have that many but at least I won't have to turn citizens away).

They tell me that all our content will migrate over to the new site so keep your fingers crossed that it all works as expected. I'm wait until after Mayberry Days so I'll have time to be sure everything is working before we migrate.

Please continue to donate if you're of a mind to do so.  Any overage will be applied to next years cost. 

Thank you for what you've already done!  It's nice to know that iMayberry Community means enough to you that you donate to keep things going!

Sincerely,

--Allan

I’m glad things have gone so well!

I’d like to ask a question about the mechanics of the site.  Is it possible to have the most recent posts displayed on page one, making it the opposite of what it is now?  In other words, threads would display the oldest posts last, and the newest posts first.  I’m not sure if others would agree, but I think it would make the threads more user-friendly.

i agree with this sort request, newest first.  

Currently, I don't believe there's a way to do that.  I don't know what will be possible with the new updated site. 

Question though, won't it be hard to read the conversation if the first post is the most recent post?  Folks who were just joining in would have to go to the end and try to read backwards to read everything?

--Allan

Well, if it is possible, I think people would get used to it in time.  However, if most prefer it the way it is, that’s fine.

One thing I noticed right away about the structure of the forum is that a reply  sometimes ends up somewhere other than at the very end because the reply was to an individual and not made to the thread in general. I would prefer all replies to be at the very end of the thread with the ability to click “quoat” on the person your replying to and then that shows up in your response so as to avoid any confusion who you are replying to and also the reply won’t be lost up above somewhere and has to be tracked down like a bloodhound. 

im a bit late to the party but im in...was gonna suggest a paypal acct. for all to donate to...,looks like im late to that party too.. five or ten bucks..., heck, just a jar uh peanut butter or two..thanks floyd, leon.

If that is really what folks want, I might be able to do that.  I don't think that they system let's you "quote" the part you're replying to currently.  We'll see what the new version does.

Current donation total is $560.70.

If you'd like to help pay the cost for hosting iMayberry Community, please donate using the link on the front page of iMayberryCommunity.com.    The donation goes through PayPal.

- Allan

Current donation total is $570.11

Thank you all who were able to contribute for the donations toward the hosting fee and upgrades we'll be doing next month (October 2019). Feel free to continue donating if you feel lead to do so. All the donations, will go toward covering costs.

--Allan Newsome

So about $30.00 short. Come on, I know we can get to $600.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Bobby Fleet replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Leonard Blush
"But your right.  She was just mentioned, not shown."
7 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Win One For the Old Goob
"Opie is about 17 in this pic. "
7 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Leonard Blush
"“Leonard Blush, Leonard Blush. Is that all you can think of is Leonard Blush!?” (Barney)"
9 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson liked Keevy Hazelton's discussion Win One For the Old Goob
19 hours ago
Keevy Hazelton posted a discussion

Win One For the Old Goob

George Lindsey and Ron Howard in 1971.…See More
22 hours ago
Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Leonard Blush
23 hours ago
Bobby Fleet replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Leonard Blush
"I think it was the episode Charlene wanted the divorce. Said she caught Dud making eyes at Idell…"
Saturday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Leonard Blush
"Which one had Idel Bushy in it?   I only remember her by when charlene Darling mentioned her.…"
Saturday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service