Hey Mayberry fan,

My name is Allan Newsome and I'm the "owner/maintainer/etc" of the iMayberry Community.   Over the years since this site started, the actual host ( a service called "Ning") has upgraded their services from version 2.0 (which we use here at iMayberry Community) to their latest version which is Ning 3.0.

They have been pushing communities like ours to move to Version 3.0 in order to receive an updated version of the site that will work better because it is updated and modern.  The iMayberry Community site was created in December 2011 and a LOT has changed on the internet in the almost 8 years since.  Use of "mobile" devices (phones) is now a major part of using sites like this one and honestly it doesn't work well on a phone/tablet.

There are several things that moving to Ning 3.0 *should* give us BUT the problem is the price per year basically doubles going from ~$280 per/year to ~$600 per/year. 

I hate to do this but if you enjoy the iMayberry Community and want it to survive and continue to grow, I'm going to need help paying for the cost.   I really can't afford to do this without the help of the community.  

There are currently 1130 members of the iMayberry Community but only 130 have logged in 2019 and 232 if I go back to 2018.  I need everyone, active and non-active alike, to agree to help pay for the cost of the community.  

I need to hear from you all.   Do you want to keep this site going or should we give up and close the doors? 

I'm broadcasting this to you and I'll create a "Forum" entry with this same topic.  I'd love to hear from you with your thoughts and, if you want to keep things going, a pledge of financial support.

Let's hear your thoughts because we're all in this manhunt together.

Sincerely,

Allan "Floyd" Newsome

You need to be a member of iMayberry Community to add comments!

Join iMayberry Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Mayberry! 

I'm finally in the process of upgrading the site to the latest software.  In the several days, I'll be doing a flip over.  I'm not completely sure how seamless it will be but I'm doing what I can to make it as smooth as possible. 

As a note, I removed all the "members" (a.k.a. citizens) from the roles who had not logged in since 2018.  By doing that, it cuts the cost of running the site down by half.  That means that currently we have enough money already in place to fund the site for 2 years rather than one year and I figured if someone hasn't visited the community in over a year....they won't be too upset by being removed in the house cleaning. 

Thank you ALL for being so willing to support the site.  I think the changes will be good ones!

--Allan

• Already given, but I’ll give $100 each year if the rest can raise $500. 

Let's do it iMayberry Citizens!

This reply was deleted.