How much did stuff cost in the 1960's? Stuff is a lot more expensive now why can't stuff be the cost it was in the 60's?

Proof:

There are signs in Floyd's Barbershop a haircut costs about $2 and now like for a cheap one 10 dollars and then all the way up to 20 dollars maybe.

And in "Andy and Barney in the Big City" Andy thinks its and outrage that a hotel  room costs $7! Now like in the $80 to the hundreds!

Bert Miller sells stuff for like 50 cents which would now cost 5 to 10 dollars!

Stuff's less expensive at the filling station.

Fines at the courthouse cost you know 5 dollars or 2 dollars or 10 dollars and people refuse to pay that much.

There's tons of proof maybe Weavers stuff was really expensive back then to them, but now nothing.

It's just weird.

You need to be a member of iMayberry Community to add comments!

Join iMayberry Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Recall getting a dollar on Saturdays which got me into the movies, bought a box of popcorn, candy bar and a soda. Added up to one dollar exactly, before taxes. I had to come up with the penny tax for each food item myself. I remember one time asking Dad for 3 additional pennies after receiving the dollar. He became enraged, shouting, "Never enough, never enough!!", and snatched his dollar back. I never asked again. I just searched around for a discarded pop bottle to redeem.

• How about this one: back then, at the Filling Station, Water and Air was free. Now you have to put quarters in a machine to use the air hose...and you have to buy bottled water inside the store.
  • I recall getting a dollar from Dad for the Saturday movies and it bought me 50¢ admission, 25¢ for popcorn, 15¢ for a drink and 10¢ for candy. The only problem was there was 1¢ tax on the food items so if you broke up the dollar for tax, you went without something. I didn't dare ask Dad for 3 pennies after just getting the dollar; I did that once and he took the dollar back, shouting, "IT'S NEVER ENOUGH WITH YOU, NEVER ENOUGH!" So I'd have to hunt me up a couple pop bottles for the 2¢ deposit. Like Opie, pop bottles were one of my main sources of income as a kid.

• I gathered up clothes hangers and sold them to the dry cleaners.
  • Stuff's Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy changed between then and now. And I mean RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Changed!

• This reply was deleted.
      • I was emphazing Peirre, I did that on on purpose

• Remember when Barney was on vacation in Raleigh and wrote to Andy- "...been here 3 days and already went through $10."

• Is that supposed to be expensive or cheap?

• I agree with you Don, well Ive got to go eat dinner so that's all I'm gonna say Don.

This reply was deleted.