I Just Watched ...

...the Fun Girls episode with Gomer and Goober. 

This one really has it all. It starts with  Andy and Barney  sorting out some clutter and Barn talks about learning to sew and crochet from watching his mother.  Next Thelma Lou and Helen come by on their way to the Cary Grant movie, just as sweet and pleasant as can be (Helen isn't mad!), then Gomer and Goober doing his Cary Grant imitation. Soon after they leave, it's Daphne and Skippy as hilarious and maddening as ever.

All that in the first few minutes.  From then on it's truly classic "situation" comedy, with the guys being spotted taking the fun girls home, the angry girlfriends the next morning, the fun girls showing up at Andy's house and scandalizing Aunt Bee. The scene at the dance has the whole episode cast plus Mr. Shwump.  The dance  ends with Barney's heart warming, and loud, declaration of love.

This one just popped up at 6AM on the Sundance channel and it was like seeing it for the first time so I really appreciated it.  How could anyone doubt that TAGs was the best show ever?

What have you just watched?

You need to be a member of iMayberry Community to add comments!

Join iMayberry Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –