iMayberry Community

There were quite a few illnesses and injuries amongst the residents of Mayberry.  Some were chronic; others gone in a day or two.  Let's list some of those illnesses/injuries.  And, if you happen to know the remedy, throw that in here too!

In "Irresistible Andy," Ellie vows to go the picnic with the next man who walks through the drugstore door.  That turns out to be Deputy Barney Fife.  He's just coming into the drugstore to, "get some foot powder."  Thus we know that Barney has a problem with his feet.  Athlete's Foot hanging on from high school?  Remember, his short-lived newspaper column concerned "All the News from (something) and Pool."  Those locker room floors breed all kinds of pesky germs and funguses.

Barney suffers from a foot problem.  "Foot powder" seems to be the remedy.

Views: 466

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And, at the same time, Aunt Bee suffers from PseudoBulbar Affect (uncontrollable crying). 

Nothing worse than her on a cryin' jag -- except maybe when she sets Barney off and he takes to whimperin'!

Darn women!

Aunt Bee, the doctor,  and many others in Mayberry suffered from Not A Spring Chicken Anymore.  I just caught that recently, myself.

I think I have NASCA too!

Barney had the hiccups. Darn near kept him off the force when they changed those physical requirements. 

Asa Bascomb had a pinched nerve in his neck. That's why he had to hang in that stretcher.

Ever notice that he shaved his moustache in that episode? In the other episodes, when he was known as Asa Breeney, he had a moustache.

Maybe he pinched his neck shaving off his 'stache?

Aunt Bee was feeling poorly...and Doc Adams told her the “She’s no spring chicken anymore.”

Those burly clients of Floyd's second chair barber had hair-cutting compelsions. Must of been hard on them. 

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Pretty clever Keevy! You posted some very “cool” potato chips! Groovy!"
14 hours ago
Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"What episode did I just watch?"
20 hours ago
Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Good un', Franklin!"
20 hours ago
""Think I'll split over there and try some of those cool looking potato chips.""
20 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Let’s Play Clue?
"You got it, Bobby....it is the Rigsbys who live in Bannertown.  I think Parnell might be…"
Friday
Bobby Fleet replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Let’s Play Clue?
"Maybe you could borrow the fifty Bernie, from oh let's say, Parnell Rigsby?"
Friday
"If I were rich, I’d give $50 to the first person with the correct answer."
Friday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I rented No Time for Sergeants on Amazon yesterday even though I can probly recite the whole…"
Friday
Bernie Fife liked ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
Thursday
Bernie Fife liked ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
Thursday
"Apparently, it’s pretty close to Mayberry.  And, it’s a husband and wife."
Thursday
Bernie Fife liked ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
Thursday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service