iMayberry Community

There were quite a few illnesses and injuries amongst the residents of Mayberry.  Some were chronic; others gone in a day or two.  Let's list some of those illnesses/injuries.  And, if you happen to know the remedy, throw that in here too!

In "Irresistible Andy," Ellie vows to go the picnic with the next man who walks through the drugstore door.  That turns out to be Deputy Barney Fife.  He's just coming into the drugstore to, "get some foot powder."  Thus we know that Barney has a problem with his feet.  Athlete's Foot hanging on from high school?  Remember, his short-lived newspaper column concerned "All the News from (something) and Pool."  Those locker room floors breed all kinds of pesky germs and funguses.

Barney suffers from a foot problem.  "Foot powder" seems to be the remedy.

Views: 333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Goober gets whiplash

Lydia doesn't like the sun because she gets the herpes.

Clara has her neuralgia, 25 years worth. The pain is indescribable! (A New Doctor color episode)

Emma has some of the most well-traveled shooting pains of all time.

Aunt Bee's, Andy's, and Opie's relative has "the versitis."  You know, it comes from "....sitting in a creen."

The remedy apparently is kept secret by Aunt Bee.  When one gets "the versitis" you call Aunt Bee.  She comes and stays for a few days and works her magic and you're all better.

Bert the traveling salesman also got the versitis in his shoulder from carrying that suitcase. And his feet were sore from all that walking.  And those doorbells, the drove him crazy.

Sometimes Aunt Bee feels faint. But Colonel Harvey's Indian Elixir seems to help with that.

Emma really does get sick from eating all the sympathy food brought on by her not getting her pills.

Luke Comstock has a game leg due to Andy's shooting him many years ago.

Barney has a "uvula," in fact, "All God's children gotta uvula."  Whether or not there was really anything wrong with it is doubtful.  But SOMETHING was making him sing off-key!  Even if he wasn't sick Barney made Mr. Masters pretty sick after he realized Barney's "trained voice" was a disaster!

excellent

Barney had that "clock in his stomach." Probably fixed it up many a day with a Mr. Cookiebar.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Latest Activity

Rare Nickle replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"I think he did......"
10 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Heard about that mysterious door. I have been working on the front door mail slot that someone…"
12 hours ago
Rol Farmer replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Another item I noticed long ago was that in the early episodes, there's a door in the corner…"
12 hours ago
Anthony Sizemore liked Allan "Floyd" Newsome's group TAGSRWC - The Andy Griffith Show Rerun Watchers Club
13 hours ago
Anthony Sizemore joined Allan "Floyd" Newsome's group
Thumbnail

Two Chairs No Waiting Podcast

Join host Allan Newsome for Two Chairs No Waiting and enjoy a podcast about "The Andy Griffith…See More
13 hours ago
Anthony Sizemore liked Allan "Floyd" Newsome's group Two Chairs No Waiting Podcast
13 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Could this be typical drunk or hobo behavior?"
17 hours ago
SWFLguy posted a discussion

The Bookie Barber

When I see that episode I can't help but recall my own barber. I'd go to get my haircut usually on…See More
17 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Dud's discussion What Mayberry characters do you wish you could have seen more of?
"Not so sure I meant Barney-Lydia. In fact, cannot believe I posted that."
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"File this under "trivial trivia". In "Wedding Bells For Aunt Bee", at about the…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion What Mayberry characters do you wish you could have seen more of?
"They do share the burden of odd personalities, but Barney giving up Thelma Lou for Lydia would be…"
yesterday
Profile IconBrian and Scott joined iMayberry Community
Monday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service