iMayberry Community

There were quite a few illnesses and injuries amongst the residents of Mayberry.  Some were chronic; others gone in a day or two.  Let's list some of those illnesses/injuries.  And, if you happen to know the remedy, throw that in here too!

In "Irresistible Andy," Ellie vows to go the picnic with the next man who walks through the drugstore door.  That turns out to be Deputy Barney Fife.  He's just coming into the drugstore to, "get some foot powder."  Thus we know that Barney has a problem with his feet.  Athlete's Foot hanging on from high school?  Remember, his short-lived newspaper column concerned "All the News from (something) and Pool."  Those locker room floors breed all kinds of pesky germs and funguses.

Barney suffers from a foot problem.  "Foot powder" seems to be the remedy.

Views: 359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And, at the same time, Aunt Bee suffers from PseudoBulbar Affect (uncontrollable crying). 

Nothing worse than her on a cryin' jag -- except maybe when she sets Barney off and he takes to whimperin'!

Darn women!

Aunt Bee, the doctor,  and many others in Mayberry suffered from Not A Spring Chicken Anymore.  I just caught that recently, myself.

I think I have NASCA too!

Barney had the hiccups. Darn near kept him off the force when they changed those physical requirements. 

Asa Bascomb had a pinched nerve in his neck. That's why he had to hang in that stretcher.

Ever notice that he shaved his moustache in that episode? In the other episodes, when he was known as Asa Breeney, he had a moustache.

Maybe he pinched his neck shaving off his 'stache?

Aunt Bee was feeling poorly...and Doc Adams told her the “She’s no spring chicken anymore.”

Those burly clients of Floyd's second chair barber had hair-cutting compelsions. Must of been hard on them. 

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"I remember that episode. Floyd (I mean Andy) gives Wally a shave as prearranged with Wally's…"
7 hours ago
c m smyrl joined Allan "Floyd" Newsome's group
Thumbnail

Mayberry Squad Car Owners

Owners of replicas of Mayberry Squad Cars now have a place to gather and share their cars with each…See More
Sunday
Bernie Fife replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"A master of fake haircuts."
Saturday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Andy's Dad
"If we need any verification, we are running out of time and people. Maybe Betty Lynn or Ron Howard…"
Friday
Dud replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"poor guy was type cast."
Friday
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Andy's Dad
"I've heard that."
Friday
Gary W. Burg posted a discussion

Andy's Dad

His father appears briefly in the "Farmer Takes A Wife" episode. When Andy takes local farmer Jeff…See More
Thursday
Keevy Hazelton replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"He sure did and his name was Andy!"
Sep 12
Bernie Fife replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"Floyd made it on Beaver, too.  "
Sep 11
Gary W. Burg replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
"Anyone breaking out in hives? Or like Lydia, with the herpes?"
Sep 11
Gary W. Burg replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
Sep 11
Keevy Hazelton replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"Wonder if Medwin was running that racket in Mayfield?"
Sep 11

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service